Relationships

I'm in a healthy relationship with a person that I love dearly, unfortunately were in different states. Long distance is something I've felt obligated to do, I live in a very small town and go to an even smaller school. Meaning there isn't that one girl every guy falls for, there isn't a large group of emo kids, aren't a lot of stoners, it's just family; especially the class you're in. You can't date  any body because it's like dating your sibling(at least that's my view of it). So you have to date people that aren't in your school, or within a 30 mile radius. I have a bad history with relationships, like a really bad one. Bad girlfriends, cheating, bad boyfriends, and especially those who don't care. It used to be a running joke that every week I would have a new significant other, and for a while that was the case. I took a while to myself and after a while I met a girl, we dated for about 2 months then we broke up. Before I never realized how devastating a breakup could be it took me about a month before I even started to talk to people other than my very close friends. After about a month I met my current girlfriend we talked for a week and then I asked her, as cheesy as it sounds I think it was the best decision in a while. We've been going strong for about 3 weeks now.