Chapter seven

*Madison's POV*

Days have gone by now, and today is the most unsettled I've felt in a long time. If you're wondering why which I would assume you may be, Mila's party is tonight. Grayson made me promise not to go, but we all have to break a promise or two in our lifetime. Something's off about her and I need to know what's going on. I'm not taking any risks this time. I'll go, scope things out and talk to some people to try and find out anything I can. I won't let anyone mess with me or my family.

Grayson has work tonight and he's taking a late night shift, which is ideal for me, and I'm also dropping Juliana off at Terra's place. It was a little after 6 now and Grayson was just leaving, he kissed me goodbye before walking out the door to his car. I ran upstairs and immediately began getting ready. I had an old dress that I've never had an excuse to wear since I had Juliana, so I threw it on with plain white sneakers. I straightened my hair and followed with my normal makeup routine adding a few extra touches. Once I was finished I sat in front of the mirror for a moment, just looking at myself.

Should I be doing this?
I know Grayson said not to, but what he doesn't know wont hurt him. At least for now.

I packed Juliana's things, and brought them down to the car. I put her in her car seat and then jumped in front. I had texted Terra earlier so she knew I was coming, but she didn't know my plans. Maybe I should've gotten ready after dropping her off, too late now.

When I got to her house, I met Terra at the door along with her strange looks toward my appearance.

"Going out are we?" She said cocking an eyebrow as she scanned my outfit.

"Nope, was just trying on some old clothes I haven't worn in a while. Wanted to see if they fit again after having this one." I said as I handed off J. She nodded her head pretending she believed me, I knew she thought I was lying.. Which I am, but I'll tell her what's really going on after tonight. I exchanged goodbyes with the two of them, then ran back to my car. I dug through my purse, pulling out the crumpled up note from Mila. I read it a million times, deciding if I should really do this.

I have to.

If she sees me, I know she'll be looking for Grayson. I'm very intrigued as to what she'll do when she realizes that he isn't there. That's where my questions start.

-At the Party-

I turned my car on to the street written on the note, I was about to check for a house number until I saw the herd of cars parked on top of each other a few houses down. I parked behind the last car, took a deep breath, and got out of the car. I must be way late, there's a million people here already. I calmly walked through the crowd in the front yard towards the entrance, casually looking around in case I saw Mila.I have a feeling she'll be doing the same for me, or Grayson.

I made it to the door and cautiously stepped inside. It was dark, all of the lights in the house were dimmed to their lowest setting, and there were random glow sticks all over the place. I weaved my way through what must've been hundreds of people stuffed in here to get to the kitchen. There was a bar set up with food and drinks. I filled a red cup with water and stood there, waiting and watching. I'll have to run into her at some point.

About a half hour had past and I hadn't seen her, I decided to go upstairs and walk around hoping to bump into her. Once I was up the steps, the volume and body count was substantially lower. All the doors were shut, probably occupied by drunken hookups, but there was one door that was cracked. Maybe I should just take a second to think, collect my thoughts a little bit. Ya know, in case I do run into her. I don't really have an exact plan as to what I want to say, so I could use a few minutes to figure it out. I walked towards the door and pushed it open.

Oops, there's Mila. Found her. Unintentionally and awkwardly but, there she is. She was making out with some guy pinning him up against a wall, gross. In the second that I opened the door both of them quickly stopped and looked to me.

In that moment the cup that sat in my left hand fell from my finger tips, crashing to the floor, I felt my throat close up, my chest felt as if it had been set on fire, and the shock running through my entire body was so intense that I was completely frozen from head to toe.

This isn't happening. Not again.

__________________

A/N:

.... HI!

Okay, so guys. Hello my loves, I have a very large announcement that I would like to share with all of you. I am OFFICIALLY back. Like, actually. No seriously. Not kidding. Look I made a schedule and everything so you can attack me if I don't update:

Monday: Attached

Wednesday: Games

Friday: Cherished

I have had one bumpy year and I know that's not an excuse, but I knew if I made myself write when my head and heart weren't in a good place, the books would be complete trash. Now that I'm better, and happy, I'm re-launching my account! Today, July 15, is actually my 17th birthday which is why I waited till today to do this! I'm so sorry for my super long absence. I hope you understand, but I promise mrsgraydolan is here to stay!

Get ready for some juicy stuff, it's gonna get good.

All my love to everyone whose stuck with me, and to anyone new love u just the same! Welcome back!

Love M <3