Chapter 3

The little girl clings to the tree branch, and I try to get closer. Every move I make almost puts me in her situation. If help doesn't get here soon, she'll be swept up by the rushing water, then down the waterfall.

I hear howling wind. This isn't getting any better for her. On the other side of the river, crowds of people gather, some crying, others yelling into phones.

The howling gets louder, and an older looking girl appears from a cloud of smoke. She floats over to the little girl clinging to the branch.

"It's ok, I've got you." She says calmly. She takes the little girl from the branch, and hugs her as she goes over to the group on the other side of the river. The little girl hugs her family, who are thanking the girl in the suit that looks like a lightening cloud.

She floats over to me, stopping a meter from me.

"You tried to get her, and that was dangerous, but it was a brave choice to make. I thank you for trying, but next time, make sure you have a way of getting back to shore."

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Lightening." And with that she disappears into the cloud of smoke that soon leaves my sights.

I look at the little girls family, who hug her tight. How'd she do that? She was like a cloud, and it was amazing. What I assume is the girls mother looks up to me, a thanking look on her face. But I save her, Lightening did. But in the back of my head, a little voice is saying that a help, that I tried, and that that was enough for her.