The Letter

A/n; I'm really excited about this book. As you may know, if you do watch pretty little liars it kinda has an Aria/Ezra kind of feel to it but I promise you this story is entirely different.

-------------

School was over and me and Alicia made our way to the pool.

Alicia could not contain her excitement whereas I on the other hand was absolutely dreading it.

"I'm glad to see you both turned up, as you are already on the swimming team as punishment, I want you girls to help Mr Franco with deciding who else should get a place. I trust you will be of good use and enjoy this extra credit, as you may call it" Principle Button explained as he patted us both on the shoulder before leading us towards the other end of the pool where Mr Franco sat with two empty seats next to him.

As much as I'm going to love spending quality time with the most gorgeous man I've ever seen, I really don't want him to find out I can't swim. It's so embarrassing!

"Ah girls, the tryouts are about to start, just take a seat and look out for anyone who you think has the most potential to join the team" Mr Franco stated as he pointed to the seats next to him.

"Yes Mr Franco" Alicia replied with a smirk while I rolled my eyes and sat down.

I knew I shouldn't have skipped class, I would've never been in this mess.

"So what's your swimming experience?" Mr Franco asked.

Oh god.

"Well, I used to take part with the local swimming team, I've won a fair few competitions and have thought a lot about training for the bigger competitions, I mean who knows? Maybe one year I'll take part in the Olympics" Alicia bragged while Mr Franco nodded away seeming genuinely impressed.

"And how about you?" He asked me.

I was dreading this.

"I'm er, not as comfortable as Alicia here"

"She can't swim"

You are fucking kidding me.

"Oh" he replied. I nervously giggled as I slouched back in my seat.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna go give my other friend a quick word of advice" Liss said before running over to Lena who was about to get into the pool.

"You know, I can teach you, that's what I'm here for" Mr Franco leaned over and whispered to me.

"I, I know, it's just embarrassing, I was put in a swim team and yet I can't swim.. and everyone's going to find out and I'll just be the laughing stock of the whole college" I explained folding my arms.

"Who says anyone had to know, I offer 1 to 1 lessons for those who need it, I can teach you how to swim and then you'll do fine. I believe in you" he replied with a genuine smile.

" you don't even know me..." I replied.

"You're right, what's your name?"

"It's Beth"

"Well Beth, how about you come to me on any free period you have and we'll see what we can work out. I'll have you being a pro swimmer in no time" he replied as he offered out his hand for me to shake.

"Deal?"

"But what if you have a class when I have a free period?" I asked.

"Well then we can always work around it, like after school sessions or something"

Like I could resist his gorgeous smile. I mean I know he was my teacher and everything but I wouldn't turn the opportunity down to spend more time with him.

"Okay...deal" I replied with a smile as I shook his hand. He smiled as he pulled out his clipboard and began to look at the list of names who had volunteered for the tryouts.

-------------

M; where in the world are you? You should've been back an hour ago!xx

B; mum, it's fine, I was staying behind to do some extra credit, I'm coming home now xx

I sighed as I put my phone back in my bag. Like she will ever believe I'm actually on the swim team, she knows I can't swim.

We had picked who was going to be on the swim team, and me and Alicia particularly made sure that Lena got a spot. Only problem was they were great swimmers and well you already know my problem.

I grabbed my jacket and headed outside but I was soon stopped by a familiar face.

"You don't have to worry so much you know, I don't bite"

I turned round to see Mr Franco also getting ready to leave. As I carried on walking by his side I laughed.

"It's not that, I'm not afraid of you, insecure? Yes. But why wouldn't I be. I think you know all the girls drool over you. I'm just nervous to get in the water, I'll probably start drowning and look like a complete idiot".

"Insecure? I don't understand, why would you be insecure around me? I'm your teacher, there's no need to be insecure. And well that's what I'm there for. Don't worry, if you start drowning, I'll save you" he said with a smirk.

"And that's exactly what I mean..."

I looked around as I realised I had walked home.

"Well this is me, thanks for walking home even though it wasn't intentional"

"And thank you for walking me home to" he said with a smile as he walked onto next doors front garden.

"You live here?"

"I do now, see you tomorrow Beth" he said with a wave before he went inside.

So he's my neighbour too?!

I chuckled to myself before stepping inside of my house and seeing my mum sat on the sofa with a letter in her hand.

"Oh thank god you're home, I've been so worried"

"Mum its fine, I actually have some news"

"Wait me first" she says waving the letter.

I could recognise the stamp from a mile away. The army...

"It's your brother, he's been injured.."

"But is he okay?"

"As okay as he can be after being shot 3 times in the leg"

"Oh my god"

"Beth, your brother's coming home" she said with a small smile.

I jumped for joy at the thought of seeing my brother after 3 years.

But then I remembered just how overprotective he was.

If he ever met Mr Franco he would never let me anywhere near him...