What a handsome face for such an ugly heart

Numb.

   That's all I felt, even the blood coursing through my veins seemed to freeze my body with every pump of her heart. But I had to keep going, had to keep pressing forward. It was either that or die out here in this snow storm from hell, which is kind of an oxy-moron since hell is supposed to be hot and- ugh, stop getting distracted Rose. You need to focus on the task at hand, which is finding a shelter, preferably one with heating and some delicious hot coco. Rubbing my numb hands together at the thought, I began to blow on them, hoping to install some warmth into back into my body. Maybe if I just sit down and rest real quick- no, keeping pushing Rose, once you stop you won't be able to start again. I looked around, my green eyes were searching for something, anything to keep my will to live in contact.

   There. Through the whirling snowflakes and my hooded eyelids I could see a shadow of what looked somewhat like a house. The shadow slowly started to get bigger and clearer as I kept trudging through the stiff, padded snow. With this new found hope I expected to start to pick up my pace, as if an adrenaline rush would pass through me like you see in the movies. You know, where everything seemed lost an then the actor would see something in the distance and with sudden vigor, start rushing toward it. Did that happen to me, of course not! Noting is ever the way it seems when movies meet reality. So, much to my dismay my frozen body seemed to rebel against me, not getting the message that I needed to be faster. That I was so close to my sanctuary from this blizzard.

    When I finally reached the residence in which the light resided in, I paid no mind to the house itself or the no trespassing signs all around it. Heck, I didn't even think about the huge forbidding metal gate that I managed to squeeze through or the way the massive old house seemed to loom over me, as if watching my every move. No, I never paid them any mind, my sights and thoughts were solely focused on the door to my freedom from this unforgiving weather.

   A sudden gust of wind and ice flew through me, blowing my hair every which way and pushing me toward the house, as if inviting me inside. By the time I reached the sturdy oak door I didn't even bother knocking. I just flung the door open with all my might. In the back of mind, I realized it was strange that the door was not locked up, but I pushed those thoughts away as soon as I entered the warmth I so truly missed.

    To my utter surprise, there was a fire roaring in the fireplace inside the room I had just entered. Sure I thought maybe mice and spider lived here but humans? The thought of someone living here never crossed my mind before, yet now the idea was simply inevitable. I mean animals didn't know how or even have the ability to start fires, well except a dragon. Focus!

   I had unknowingly stumbled into someone's home. My eyes scanned the room for a person. Halfway through my search, my eyelids started to droop until I could barely see anything but dark shadows and outline my imagination. I could've sworn I saw movement in the far corner of the room, but I was too tired to care. Like a zombie, I staggered toward the glow and heat radiating from the crackling fire. Collapsing on the shaggy rug in front of the fireplace, I finally gave into my undeniable need for sleep. Just as sleep invaded my body, I saw a blurry figure standing over my.

Then everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should I continue. Please comment your thoughts, I'm always open to new ideas :)