Chapter Sixty Three-Finale

Start from the beginning

"I already told you, you were adopted, but you ran off before I could tell you anything else."

"What else do I need to know?" Dustin asked just above a whisper.

"Well you were fourteen when it happened and you're not my son, but my god son, my best friend Ashlin and her wife had you and your older brother Danny, when they were both young because of some guys at some random party we had snuck out to when we were told by our parents to stay home, they bonded while they carried both of you and then by the time the both of you were born on the same day, they had already moved in together and were planning their wedding, I walked Ashlin down the isle when you were three years old, they were happy together and I was happy for them, you look just like she had."

Dustin shook his head stepping back making his father break into full blown sobbing "what does this have to do with why I was adopted, just tell me already and stop trying to stall!" he yelled making his dad whimper and cover his ears, my heart beat sped up considerably and I could hear everyone around me shifting nervously, his father moved his hand from his ears and gulped as he continued to sob.

"Please don't do that?!" he screamed griping at his chest and crying harder, he crumpled to his knees and it wasn't long before Becky was at his side holding him as he cried " We started the company together while we were raising our families and everything was going fine until one night she dropped by saying that she needed to go find Tasha who she had gotten into a fight with and made her drive out into the middle of the night with Danny who hadn't been feeling well, I asked her if she wanted to leave you with me bu she said no, she wanted after everything was settled that the four of you could be together as a family, Dustin that night she left with you and-" he hiccuped gripping his chest harder as he broke into another sob, more tears flowed down his face and he used the back of his hand to wipe the snot that was running down his face "Dustin she never came back, my best friend, someone I considered to be my sister, never came back, a few days I received a call from the police asking me to come to the station."

He broke into another sob leaning onto Becky who just held him in silence "they didn't tell me anything for the first two hours, they only took me with them to the hospital and showed me her dead body, Tasha and Danny, I started to cry until I realized that there were only three and so I became hysterical forcing them to tell me what happened to you, I thought you were dead but they didn't show me you because you must have been worse off, but they got me to calm down and then took me to the ICU where you were laying in a bed, covered in bandages, wires poking into you at every direction and in that moment I felt so happy that she had left something behind for me, but when you woke up a few weeks later you didn't remember me, your mom, no one and I cried hard that day before I swore to myself, to her that I would always protect you."

He gulped and looked straight at him "it took me two years to finally let me adopt you and then months under supervision as I gave you everything I could, Sarah was there, she helped to spoil you, your older sisters and brothers, I watched you grow and I was finally feeling like I was about to achieve my promise to her and then all of this stuff started happening to you and I felt like a failure, I felt pathetic, but I won't give up, I can't, I can't break my promise to her, to you, so please come away from there, give me another chance, let me take care of you, please don't leave me, not like she did, please Dustin, no?" he broke into another sob reaching his hand out to him, I started to pray for the first time since the death of my family I prayed that he would come from there and go to his father but the one word that no one wanted to hear, escaped his lips.

"No" it came out in a whisper and everyone froze, his dads eyes widening as he watched his son in fear "I can't do this anymore, I though it was all getting better, but it's just worse, everything is so fucked up, so wrong, It's like everywhere I turn I get hit with some stupid curve ball, I tried so hard to move past it all but it's too much, it's too fucking much, first Nash, then the thing at the school, then mom, I though everything was going to be fine when I met Jax, Brysen and their friends, everything was finally looking up and then Nash came back, he made me see everything as it really was, I don't fucking deserve to be happy, every time I try it all crashes to nothing and I just can't face this anymore, I want it all to stop and if this is the only way then it's the way I'll go."

It was as if time froze in that moment, Dustin took a step back, stretching out his hand "I love you dad, Jax and that's the reason I do this." with that said he threw himself back off the cliff, aloud scream ripped from everyone's throat, the loudest from his dad, as he shoved Becky away and scrambled to his feet, he ran towards the edge and leaned over reaching for Dustin, he moved going further but Caspian and Tony pulled him back, holding onto him as he kicked and screamed trying to get out their hold, tears poured down his face and he broke down.

I looked away from him, I couldn't bring myself to cry, to scream, to say anything, I couldn't feel the racing of my heart, the rushing of my blood, my breath stopping in my throat and the rush of panic through my being, I took my first step and walked to the edge I stood and looked down, I could see him his mangled and bruised body, then I was on my knees and for the first time I had a reaction, I screamed.

A YEAR AND A HALF LATER....

I looked into the mirror and fixed my tie, it was crooked, just like everything in my life, I shook my head and walked to my bed picking up the bouquet of White and pink lilies, Dustin's favorite, I looked down at them running my fingers on top of each, my mouth twitched but I didn't smile, I couldn't smile since that day at the cliff, I shook the images out of my head and walked to the door taking my car keys off the hook, I walked down the hall and jogged down the stairs, the room was quiet, Brysen wasn't home, he never spent any of his time here anymore, he said he could still feel Dustin here and just like everyone else he blamed himself for what happened to Dustin, he hated himself for not being able to stop it as did I, as did Dustin's father.

I locked the door and made my way to my car, speeding down the road, the speed I was going could never compare to the speeds his father hit, in midnight street racing, everything had gone down hill for him since the day at the cliff, it was as if his happy ways had been burned out and turned into anger, he was angry at people, the way his life was but he was more angry at himself, he was dangerous in every sense of the word, we had to be constantly saving him from trouble, if he wasn't doing street racing, he was drinking, getting into constant fights and letting anything with a dick have a go at him, it was horrible to watch, I barely knew him but it still hit home and it showed me what something like this caused.

As for Dustin's mother she vanished like tin air a few weeks after the incident, she wanted to take the children with her but didn't dare because she knew exactly the type of man her husband used to be in his younger years and he had slipped back into his old ways, as for his siblings they all still lived at home, living off of the fortune their father won every night by risking his life.

I sighed as I pulled up to the big gates, I sighed and pulled into the yard and parking deciding I would walk the rest of the way, it was only appropriate, I walked in silence taking necessary turns and twist bumping into his dad who glanced at me, not looking me in the eyes, he never made eye contact with anyone any more, he grumbled a hello and sped up his pace to get far away from me as possible, I sighed shaking my head and continued on my way soon I reached and walked up to where Dustin was resting, I placed the flowers in a jar next to another set of dark pink lilies that his dad had just placed here, I sat down and felt my lip twitch.

I brushed my fingers through his hair as I watched him breath into the breathing mask, and leaned down placing a kiss on his head, I couldn't wait for the day I was able to see his beautiful eyes again.

The End...