. 2

_________
Steph
_________

I wait anxiously in my room for Aris. My uneasiness is causing the lights to flicker and my energy power to form a breeze. I already got dressed and stole a few weapons like Aris had told me. Suddenly the vent opens and I look to be faced with Aris and Thomas. "Come on we need to get the others," Thomas demands. I nod and follow them. We enter the room were Thomas's group is staying in. Thomas starts throwing demands and I don't have a clue what to do. "Thomas what did you see?" a guy says which I'm guessing is Newt cause of his accent. Thomas ignores him and I turn to Aris. "Aris what did you guys see? What happened?" I say and he looks at me. "Rachel," my heart drops. No she can't be. "Who are you?" an Asian guy asks me. "She's gonna help us out Minho," Thomas says. "That doesn't answer my question," he sasses and Newt keeps throwing questions at Thomas. "IT'S WICKED!" he finally bursts. Everyone goes silent. "It's wicked, it's always been wicked," he says and we all follow him into the vents.

We come out of the vents and Aris stops. "I gotta do something," he says and there about to protest. "You wanna get out of here don't you," he says and some guy volunteers to go with him. We run and this Minho guy is really judgemental. "You sure we can trust these two?" he says talking about me and Aris. "You wouldn't know where we'd be without them," Thomas encouraged and give Minho a sarcastic smile. We turn a corner and get stopped by a nurse. "What are you kids doing out of bed?" the alarm goes off, they give each other a knowing look. Thomas grabs the nurse and brings her down the corridor, we go to turn a corner but turn back as a guard starts shooting at us. Minho stops and turns running at.. The wall? All of a sudden he jumps knocking out the guard. "Shit Minho," Newt breaths. We run into a lab room. "Where is she?" Thomas demands. He glances towards a sheet and gives Minho the gun. He pulls back the sheet revealing a girl. "Fry move," Newt says tipping a metal table and moving it in front of the door. I see Thomas struggle to break the glass and take a deep breath. "Stand back," I say and they give me a weird look. "GET BACK!" I demand and they stand. I hold my hands out and allow the red electricity to free from my hands, smashing the glass. They stare at me dumbfounded. "DON'T JUST STAND THERE GO!" I yell and they go over the wall where the glass once was.

We come to the door that will lead us out of this hell. Thomas swipes the card but it doesn't work. I try my powers but they back fire sending the electricity to run through my body. "Shit," I say as I fall from the impact. Teresa helps me up and I smile gratefully at her. Suddenly the door opens and I see Aris. "Hey guys," I smile and jump in his arms. He smiles and we turn to encourage Thomas to get under the door that is closing at a fast pace. I use my powers to slow down the door and he gets under okay. Aris grabs my hand and we run to freedom but not before Thomas flips Janson off.