She gave me a sad smile, then in an instant, hid it with a strong expression.  In moments she was commanding the guards to secure Hanabi and relieve any alarm going around among the villagers.

Yuuna was busy all through the night and I was there beside her, every second of it.

Imprisonment

POV Sarah

Master Eros sat a head above us on his horse, commanding the soldiers to continue their attack on Enuki village.  We initiated the attack very late into the night until most were asleep, giving us the advantage of surprise.  However, it seemed that the village's forces were not as relaxed as we had expected and were able to recooperate quite quickly. 

It was a stalemate.  There was continuous clashing of swords yet no progression on either side.  As captain, I advised Master Eros to retreat but he would not listen to any of it.  I had always known him to be a level headed man so his actions were extremely out of character.

I dodged an oncoming strike, stabbed the soldier in the chest and pushed him to the ground.  I wiped some fresh blood off my face and looked up at the rising sun.  We've been fighting for hours on end and every foot soldier on the blood sheen grass looked exhausted.  Not even I could keep this up for much longer.  All of this fighting was chaotic and pointless.  We had no reinforcements, so we were fighting alone.... and we had no idea when the neighbouring villages were going to come to aid their allies.

I felt physically and mentally drained.  My breathing is heavy, my hands are shaking, and my head feels dizzy.  I zone out the shouts and cries as I analyze what's around me.  There were more bodies on the ground than standing.  And those on the ground breathing were being helped by the medics. 

Michelle.  It was the only worry on my mind.  The only thing on the god-forsaken battlefield that I cared to seek out.

I was relieved to see her alive.  She was kneeling beside a wounded soldier.  I dragged myself to where she was and knelt beside her. 

She wasn't treating a wound, rather holding his hand.  She was comforting him because death was already coming for him. Soon, I saw the light leave his eyes and his grip on Michelle's hands relax.  I looked to Michelle and I saw no light in her eyes either.  She was just staring blankly at the limp body...it was as if something inside of her died as well.

I couldn't say anything to comfort her, myself, or the dead soldier.  All I did was put a hand on her back.  A gesture of support. 

I saw Master Eros closeby.  I had enough of this.  I dropped my sword as I stood up and grabbed him by the collar with both hands. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled at him.  I didn't care if he was my superior at this point.

He didn't respond.  He was frightened and confused like the rest of our army. 

"God damnit!" I let go of him. "Retreat!!" I yelled repeatedly to any Orthion soldier in the vacinity. 

I walked back over to Michelle, who remained unmoving.

"Come on Michelle, get it together." I said as I hoisted her up.

I could see my fellow soldiers running back to the woods until I heard a horn.  The retreating soldiers were cut off by arriving Hiratana reinforcements that drove them back towards the battlefield.  

It was all over.  We were cornered.  I just stood in my spot, now knowing that there was nothing else left I could do for everyone.

After the screaming and clashing of blades settled down, there were about ten of us remaining and we were in the middle of the field of grass, circled by a vast amount of enemy cavalry.

"Throw down your weapons!" I heard one of the imperial guards shout.

I didn't have a weapon in hand anyways but I saw the remaining soldiers surrender except for Master Eros.

Then I saw a Hiratana soldier dismount from her horse.  No it couldn't be a mere soldier for she was dressed in noble armour and had an overwhelming presence.  Was she the ruler....Shima?

She walked up to Master Eros, keeping distance from his sword.

"You are the leader of this army...I presume?"  she questioned Master Eros.

"Ye...yes I am." He attempted to hide his fright and continued to hold his sword.

I saw one of the imperial guards step forward beside Hiratana's ruler.

"You will do well to respect Lady Shima.  Withdraw your weapon." He stated but you could hear the threat in his voice.

"It is alright Taki." She held a hand up to halt the guard.

"You have been defeated.  You are cornered with no odds of victory and yet you will not lower your weapon?" She said the obvious.

"Never, you Hiratana bitch!" He shouted.  I stepped up behind him and touched him on the shoulder.

"Master Eros, please, we have lost." I tried to calm him.

However, he pushed me aside and slashed at me.  "Sarah!" I heard Michelle call worriedly.  I held my bleeding arm and backed away.

"Y...y...you!  Do not disobey me!! Pick up your wea..weapons and fight!!" he said in a delirious state.

He lashed out at the Hiratana leader however, she quickly drew her katana and cut his leg.  I heard him scream and fall to the ground.  In a frenzy, he forced himself up and threw himself at her once again.  This time she ended him, quick and painlessly.

She sheathed her blade and looked over to the remaining nine of us. 

"The rest of you shall be put into confinement, unless you rather follow your leader."  She said.

None of us dared to rebel.  We were forced towards the village, under the watchful eyes of the enemy.