Chapter Six

Hypnos paced back and forth. "We were so close to victory, Cody! So close!" Hypnos growled angrily. "You're the reason we lost the camp."

     "I said I was sorry, Hypnos." Cody growled back.

     "Sorry doesn't rule the strongest bandit camp, now does it?" Slapping Cody on the back of his head, Hypnos looked back at his own camp. "If you hadn't screwed up none of this would've happened."

     A week had passed since The Ravens had ambushed Ember's camp. Hypnos had nearly killed Cody six times and tensions were getting worse between the two, everyone had noticed and kept their distance from them.

     Hypnos went outside of the camp alone. Making sure no one was following him, he went off the a new area where none of his men had been before. Smirking, he walked over to what appeared to be an abandoned cave.

     Cody walked around, searching for Hypnos. He had thought of a plan that might work if they were to gain control of Children of The Fire.

     "Have you seen our leader?" Cody walked up to a bandit.

     "No, and if I had, why would I tell you?" The bandit sneered at Cody. "You're the reason we're all living like this."

"You'll regret saying those words fool," Cody stabbed the bandit and growled in annoyance. Does everybody think this way about me now? He thought to himself as his search for Hypnos continued.

     Hypnos was wandering the cave. Where did I put it?! It should've been here unless someone discovered this place and looted my belongings. He shook his head. "Impossible. Nobody would be dumb enough to just wander in here." Something snapped causing Hypnos to freeze in his tracks. Searching around frantically he pulled his gun out. "Who is there? Show yourself!" He yelled.

     "You should really be asking yourself who isn't there!" This was followed by a laugh that even sent shivers down Hypnos's spine.

    "Who are you?" Hypnos growled, his eyes scanning the terrain around him. Not being able to find the source of the voice, Hypnos started backing away towards the entrance to the cave. I have to get out of here! His thinking was becoming frantic.

    Hearing footsteps behind him, Hypnos spun around only to find that the voice he had heard belonged to a large psycho.

    "Why so scared?" The psycho chuckled as he waved his buzzsaw in the air, as if threatening to hit Hypnos with it.

     His eyes widened as he realized that the psycho was gaining speed and closing the distance between the two. This is bad, I have to get him off my tail or I'm dead... Eyes searching frantically around, Hypnos looked for anything that would slow the psycho down or distract him.

     "Why do you keep running away?" The psycho swung his buzzsaw at Hypnos, missing by just a few centimeters.

     Hypnos ducked, his eyes were growing wider by the second. He was running for his life. Almost there, just a little more and I'll be able to get out of this stupid cave. Just was getting Hypnos was close to entrance, the psycho knocked him off to the side.

    "You aren't leaving." The psycho said in a singing-like tone.

    He smacked his back against a sharp rock and fell unconscious.