Chapter 4

Daryl's head is throbbing. His nose stopped bleeding a while back, but that only helped the pain inside his head a little and limited the stains his clothes would have.

He also can't stop himself from thinkin' about Merle's stupid ass. Daryl's so distracted by the annoying pain and the battle with his overpowering spurt of self hatred, a hatred of everything really, that he almost doesn't see the car stopped in the middle of the road.

The truck screeches to a stop as Daryl slams on his breaks at the last possible second, skidding to a stop mere inches from the car.

Daryl sits perfectly still with his eyes wide with shock, while taking a few seconds to compose himself, then feels the anger start to well up inside him. He hits the caution lights and throws the door open, and shuts it with an angry slam.

Daryl stalks around the vacant car to find its driver and give them hell. He hears running behind him so he turns to its source. He's greeted with a, from what he could make out in the dark, very worried girl emerging from the woods.

Daryl he stalks over angrily, "Why in the hell... is ya car parked in the middle of the FUCKIN' road?!" he barks at the figure. He grimaces at that feeling of his voice vibrating through his sinus cavity. When he stops two feet from the figure he sees that it's Satin standing there, meeting for the second time that day. He glances back at the car, "with no lights on," he adds.

She doesn't respond. Instead, she just stares at him with a weird look spread across her face.

"Well?" he asks impatiently, still no response.

Daryl scoffs, "what, ya stupid or sum'm?"

"Why should I answer your question when you never answered mine?" she asks defensively crossing her arms.

Daryl scrutinizes her irritably, "Are you fuckin' serious?!" Daryl raises his arms frustrated. "I could have just KILLED myself because your stupid ass left ya car in the middle of the fuckin' road, with no emergency lights on, for anybody to come along and crash themselves into!" Daryl's hands come down to his sides with a slap, after speaking with ferocious hand gestures.

"The least ya could do, is tell my why." She just continues to stare at him, making Daryl start to think that she's a little dense.

Daryl shakes his head. "Man, I ain't got time for this shit." He turns around and starts walking back to his truck. He doesn't feel like wasting his time, and he wants to get home, take some ibuprofen, a much needed shower, and go to bed; it's been a long day. Hopefully Merle won't come back tonight. He didn't feel like dealing with his drunk, probably stoned, ass when he came back.

He was three feet from his truck when she spoke up.

"I don't know. It just died while I was driving."

Daryl stops walking and turns toward her. He looks at her looking at him. "What were ya doin' in the woods... in the dark?"

"It doesn't matter." Daryl looks at her harder, thinking about pressing the subject but decides to just leave it alone.

"Uh... was it acting up er anything before it quit?"

She shook her head. "I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary." She bites her full lip. "Do you think you could look at it?"

Daryl doesn't really want to. All he wants is his bed, to rest his aching muscles. But looking at this girl, it also won't sit right with him to just leave this girl on the road. He sighs in defeat. "Fine, but just a look, if ya need parts though, ya shit out a luck 'cause I ain't got nothin' to help ya."

She smiles at him. "Thank you."

She watches as he gets a flash light from his truck. He walks around to the front of her car and gestures for her to pop the hood. He lifts up the hood and sets it on the stand and props himself up with his free hand on the car as he's at work searching for the problem.