HISTORY

Pre-debut & NEOZ School

The group was first known by photos taken at Incheon International Airport when they were headed towards Japan to perform in FNC Kingdom 2015 on 11 December 2015. The group consisted of 11 members at that time, including Jinkyu (now also known as Boys24 contestant) and FNC Entertainment's unrevealed trainee Alex Bell. The members' teaser photos were then released on 12 December 2015, revealing 9 members as the first batch of trainees under the Neoz School trainee system.

In May 2016, they participated as NEOZ Dance in FNC Entertainment's survival show d.o.b (dance or band) where they faced off the NEOZ Band. They later won the survival show with their first track, K.O..

On August 21, FNC Entertainment announced Neoz Dance Team will be called SF9. On August 27, They held their first fan meeting Surprise Festival 9 where they met with 99 fans. They later held their second fan meeting Surprise Festival 9 Autumn Sports Day where they met with 333 fans on September 25. In the same day, SF9 announced the release of their debut on October 5.

2016: Debut with Feeling Sensation

SF9's debut single album Feeling Sensation with lead single "Fanfare" was released on October 5, 2016. They made their official stage debut on October 6, 2016 on M! Countdown.