Chapter 14/15

Chapter 14

I woke up in my bed. The events from last night flooded into my mind. I groaned at my stupidity and weakness and rolled over. I forced myself to get out of bed and get dressed. I tripped over something on my floor and looked down. There was some weird clothing with a note attached to it. I put the clothes on and then read the note. The note said:

Hey tiger,

I dropped these in your room while you were sleeping. Please don't attack me again. Ben told me to. Anyway, I'm sorry about last night. I shouldn't of snapped at Ben like that. Sorry.

Your bloody friend,

Trae

PS: be in the gym by 10:30. That's when were leaving.

I looked at the clock. It was 10:26. I almost screamed. I peeled out of my room, streaked through the kitchen, grabbed an apple, and ran through the hallways until I got to the gym.

"About time. We were about to leave without you!" Trae yells down from a ladder he's climbing. There's a defining roaring noise. The cause of the noise and the thing the ladder was attached to was a helicopter. It was a helicopter in the gym! The gym ceiling had disappeared and a blue sky and bright sun beat down on me. I squinted up as the wind from the helicopter whipped my hair and clothes this way and that.

"You will have time to admire the sky later! Right now we have to go!" Ben yelled down. I laughed and ran over to the helicopter's ladder. I started climbing until I reached the cock pit. I turned to a bunch of faces and smirked .

"Great day to fly, huh."

Chapter 15

It took 6 hours to get to our set location. Nobody knew where, including Ben. Apparently the government agency that funded him had chosen the area we were being sent to die in.

"So do we know anything about the place?" Tanner asked.

"No. Just that it's not normal." Ben replied.

"What's that mean?" Trae asked.

"Does it look like I know?" Ben shot back.

"We'll it is your experiment isn't it!" Tanner exclaimed.

"I don't know any more about our location than you do!" Ben yelled. Tanner and Trae stood up and started to make a move over to Ben until Matt stood up and forced them back to their seats.

"If you guys don't quit trying to kill each other, I would be happy to do it." Kaylee yelled at then over the roar of the helicopter. I rolled my eyes. This was ridiculous. Time to act like a leader.

"Enough! If you guys don't start acting like a team we will all be dead before we get started. You guys had lived together for years and been happy together. What changed so recently, huh? It's the same compound only bigger and a little more green. You're all still stuck there together. Only this time, is you don't get along, we die. That's it. So pull your crap together, and let's stay alive. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go talk to the pilot and find out if we have any orders from this top secret government agency!" I yelled. I stormed out of the body and in to the cock pit. The pilot guy flying was dressed in all black staring straight ahead. The noise up here was deafening. I sat in the copilot a seat and grabbed a spare set of earmuffs. Their was a mike on it so I yelled into it.

"Hi! I'm Quinn! I was wondering if you could give us a few details on what we're suppose to be doing!" I screamed. The pilot shook his head no.

"Sorry kid! I'm just suppose to drop ya off and make a run for it!" he yelled back. I sighed.

"Ok. Thanks."

"No problem."

I returned back to my team. They were all sitting where I had left them.

"The pilot didn't give me any more news." I said.

"Great. So now we're going into who knows what to complete a mission that we're not even sure what we're suppose to do too complete it!" Trae yelled. He stood up and slammed his foot to the ground. I looked at Kaylee. She shrugged giving me a 'I don't know what's wrong with him' look. I fell back into my chair. Suddenly the pilots voice came through a speaker hidden somewhere.

"Excuse me kids, but we will be landing in about 30 sec."

We all looked at each other, their faces determined. I was thinking of some inspiring words to say, but all that came out was, "Let's do this."