Chapter three

Ariana, as she had now been named, seemed to know a lot of magic for someone who was sure she'd never been taught any. Dumbledore had taken it upon himself to tutor the girl, and found it rather easy as she picked things up fast. She had four years of work to catch up on, as it was only September Dumbledore wanted to put her in with those of her own age as quickly as possible. He had thought maybe six months at a minimum until she could join the others, but he soon came to realise that it would only take maybe six weeks. It was almost as if she knew some of it already, but how could she? She had never been to school, or if she had she didn't appear to remember it.

When the six weeks were up, Ariana was sorted, she was sorted in front of everyone and, as the hat stated 'Gryffindor is in her blood, any other house would be a crime.' She was placed in Gryffindor and was moving her things into the girls dormitory, a strange thing for her as previously she had stayed in a room that changed upon her every wish, where she learned with a teacher who had spare times and had been away from the other students, when a flurry of red hair appeared in the room.

"Hello! I'm Lily, you must be Ariana." The red-haired girl introduced herself. Ariana looked her up and down, deducing what she could get from her character. She judged people greatly on their first meeting and she could easily say that Lily wasn't making a great first impression on her. She seemed somewhat overbearing, and it would take a bit more of getting to know her character before she could really decide on whether she wanted to befriend her or not.

"I am." Was all she answered with. The girl absentmindedly rubbed the scars on her wrist and wandered into the common room, everyone looked at her and the whole room fell silent. She sighed and surveyed the room, before moving further into the room.

Ariana sat down next to the only person she recognised, Remus.
"Why are they all staring at me?" She asked. He smiled at her as he noticed she was there. People started going back to their own business.

"Because you're new, and they heard a lot about you." Remus answered. She sighed. He was a kind boy, with a weight on his shoulders and there was something else, but she hadn't worked out what it was, but she knew he was sweet and kind and not as boisterous as his friends seemed to be.

"I do believe this will be harder then living in the forest." She muttered softly to herself.

"Move up prefect!" A boy with black hair squished himself in between Ariana and Remus.

"So are you the new girl?" The boy asked her. She stared at him blankly and waited for him to artlessly introduce himself, her mother had always reminded her of proper etiquette, right up until she died.
"I'm Sirius, remember me?" Sirius tried again. She gave him a small smile and allowed herself to shake his outstretched hand. There was something else about this boy something that fought the darkness of his family, he was kind at heart and brave. And he seemed fascinated by her, as she was of him.

"Ariana." She told him her name, remembering that he was the boy who was once a dog. A talent, she supposed, or was it something else, something she had heard of once. She wasn't sure. But she was impressed.

She went back to staring at the fire. She was amazed by the way it danced around, but never went out. When she had attempted to make fire, it had been hard to get it going and even if she did it didn't always stay alight.

"At least this time we are properly introduced." Sirius winked at her. She gave him a withering look, knowing that he was a flirtatious person from the look he had given her, and he closed his mouth, as he had been about to speak again, he coughed got up and muttered something about a prongs.

"What on earth is a prongs?" She asked Remus, he looked up from his homework and laughed.

"Prongs is a nickname for our friend James." He explained. She nodded and then laughed. She had a strange laugh, but then, as Remus decided, she hadn't had much to laugh about.

"That is a stupid nickname." She stated. He had to agree. They say in silence for a while, and then she got up and was about to walk away, when he grabbed her arm. She winced. Staring bemusedly at his hand until he let go of her arm.

"Sorry." He muttered and then he coughed. "Where are you going?" He looked at her with a hint of worry in his eyes.

She smiled and then shrugged. "I'm going for a walk." She began to move towards the door, but stopped as he spoke again.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked. She gave him a soft smile, touched by his kindness.

"Not if you don't want to." She told him, not wanting to trouble him. He shook his head.

"I don't mind." He answered with a grin.

"OK then." She smiled happily back at him. It had been a long time since she had had a companion to walk with, and she was glad he had agreed to go with her. She didn't know her way around and would have got lost, which she did not wish to do. She also didn't trust the vast size of the castle nor the strange look the students gave her. But with Remus by her side she felt braver, she trusted him for a reason she had yet to discover, and at least she wouldn't get lost and run into any unsavoury characters. With that thought on her mind, they stepped out of the portrait hole together.

Determination|| Remus lupinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें