“My mom throws parties every new year. It’ll mostly consist of my family and a few business partners, maybe!” he stated and waited for her response.

“Alright, I’ll come there if it’s a family event.” She shrugged and got off of the kitchen island.

“Kathy, are you scared of me after that day? Do you hate me?” he asked her and her body stiffened on hearing him talk about that night. She stood at the end of the kitchen, her back facing him and she preferred it that way.

“I’m not scared and I definitely do not hate you. It’s just…this is so confusing and well, maybe I’m over reacting. It was just a stupid kiss. It did not mean anything at all.” she said. He walked up to her and turned her around, her body shivered at his touch and she avoided looking at him.

“You aren’t over reacting. I don’t regret kissing you because it felt right at that time but maybe I-I’m sorry, I did not do it purposely. Trust me; I might not have kissed you, had I known that you’d get this mad.” He said.

“You don’t regret it but did it mean anything to you back then?” she asked him in a little voice.

“That depends” he said and she raised her brows at him.

“Depends what you want it to be.” he smiled.

“Where did this attitude come from Ronnie?” she laughed slightly, as she did not want to answer to his question.

“I like when you blush.” He said cheekily when he noticed that her face had gotten red. Her eyes widened at that and she turned away from him.

“I’ll sleep Mr. Shenoy. Good night!” she said and walked to her room, making Ronnie chuckle.

“Good night Kathy!” he smiled.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Are you ready yet?” Ronnie yelled from the living room. He was dressed in a crisp, dressy white shirt, a dark blazer a black tie and dressy pants with formal shoes. He looked at his watch and yelled once again but she walked out before he did that. He stared at her as walked out from her room wearing a pink and red colored sari. She wore a deep cut blouse that hardly covered anything and the sari was draped around her body in a very stylish way, her hairs were curled giving it a wavy effect and a colorful hair accessory stayed in the side thereby pinning one side of her hairs; she wore a very chic jewelry set that gave a collar-like look to her otherwise simple neckline, a huge bracelet encircled her wrists and her makeup made her eyes look very dramatic, her lips looked blood red and a smile made her look even prettier.

“Let’s go.” She said as she adjusted the base of her sari with her legs. She looked up when he made no movement and laughed at his reaction. His eyes were wide open, his jaws seemed like they’d hit the floor and he was in a half sitting-half standing position. She pulled him up and smirked.

“We’re getting late, let’s go!” she said.

“Wait…we won’t stay there for long. I’m just going there because I’ve no choice but we won’t bring in our new year with my family, clear?” he asked her, making her roll her eyes.

“Let’s go Ronnie!” she said as she pulled him out of the house. They drove to the venue in silence while exchanging occasional stares and awkward smiles.

“Kathy, how are you?” her mother in law greeted her when she saw her.

“I’m good. How are you?” she said politely.