Chapter Seven / Saviour

Start from the beginning

...only to see none other then Gregory Wells there, with a gun pointed at my forehead. My eyes were wide. "G-Greg!" I squeaked out, my right wrist beginning to ache slightly from my sudden scramble away, while my left hand dug into the dirt, and panic set in.

"Listen here, Young. I know you jumped." He snapped, and my heart started pounding. "So I drove Mark off road, and I killed your parents before I could even hope to get to you."

This startled me, but I looked around in hope of something, but I saw nothing I could use to my advantage, so it looked like I was alone and fighting Greg defenseless.

"H-How do you kn-know I jumped!?" I demanded, scrambling to my feet. Greg's gun followed me, locking on my forehead again, where sweat had begun to run. My mind was screaming 'run, you'll die' but I couldn't run or I would die. "Because I was the one who gave you that power. Don't tell me you don't remember."

My wide eyes must have told him I didn't, so he began to explain.

"You see, my father's a scientist. Or, was. Almost eight years ago in our timeline, however, he created a serum to allow those who had it to jump from timeline to timeline. To jump between alternate universes. But before he had a chance to use it, he slammed into a car on the way to work. And do you want to know what car that was, dear Synnova?" He paused the story for a moment, and my eyes went wide.

"Lyra's..." I whispered, and he let off a grin and malicious chuckle. "Wonderful guess. Now, back to our story. After I learned Dad killed your brother, your friends, and himself, I decided on revenge. I snuck into the facility and stole two vials of the serum. I drank one, and now I'm able to jump from timeline to timeline. But then, I decided after visiting another timeline where my dad was alive, that it wasn't... enough. No, what I really wanted was revenge.

"So I slipped the last serum into your drink at lunch one day without you noticing—mostly because at the same time, I was bullying you—and when I left, you drank it."

I sucked in a breath, wishing for him to stop, but he continued. "And you never realized you had it until you jumped into this timeline all that time ago. But I know how to control my power. I know how to jump across timelines at will. You, however, don't." He chuckled darkly. "And that's just enough for me to kill you, too." He said in a whisper, taking a few steps towards me. I started backing up until my back hit a tree, my eyes almost as wide as saucers, while he continued to walk forwards until the barrel of the gun was against my forehead.

"So, I just want to say... Goodbye." He said darkly, his finger moving to the trigger. I saw this as my chance, and quickly slammed my hand into his, him letting off a howl of pain when I hit his wrist. He stumbled backwards, frantically shaking his wrist to get the pain he felt to stop. I took a breath, narrowing my eyes as I lifted my hand and pulled my eyepatch up. "You know, Greg..." I said slowly, taking a step towards him before he looked up. "I don't think I'm ready to die yet."

He went to aim and shoot, but I grabbed his wrist, holding his finger from the trigger as I ducked away from the barrel. He went to throw a punch, and it hit my face, but I kept my ground as I threw one at him. He just barely missed grabbing it, and it slammed into his eye. He let off a howl of pain, while I fought with his other hand to retrieve the gun. I finally pulled it from his grasp, after a bit of a twist of his wrist, and kneed him in the stomach, slamming my fist into his face again. He stumbled and tripped, falling to the ground. He was completely startled.

I stepped over him, glancing at the gun. I knew the only way I'd get out of this alive would be to kill Greg, and I knew that if he got out, he could and probably would murder other innocents. But I was frankly so pissed that I wanted to have a little bit of fun before I shot him.