In Heat: Chapter Two

Start from the beginning

      “Good idea.” Amber said.

      “You don’t want dad seeing it.” Amethyst continued for her.

      “He would be asking you countless questions.” Amber finished.

They were right he would and he would see right through my lie. I never been able to lie to him, he seems to see right through me. Plus the fact that he’s Alpha, he could just use his alpha tone on me I wouldn’t have choice but tell the truth. I know what his reaction would be and I really didn’t want to witness it. He would summon all the males in our territory, pack member and non-pack members alike, he'd drilled them all until he found out who it was that kissed me. I hate to think what he’d do when he found out, all I know is it wouldn’t be pretty. Plus what a way for me to find out whom it was, I know they would never want to come near me ever again that’s for sure. As I washed off the dirt from my feet, I couldn’t help but think back to that kiss. How sweet his lips tasted, the way he felt so perfect against me. My body tingled as I thought about his hands on me, his lips on me. I wish I knew who he was, who it was that captured my dreams last night and held them hostage. All I knew was he had dark hair, possibly black, I can’t remember but I do remember his eyes perfectly. They were a beautiful shade of blue; they pierced into my soul calling me to him. I had never seen eyes more captivating; I wanted to look into them forever. It’s a shame though I guess I never know who the belonged to, perhaps it was just the blood moon that intensified things. I knew that everyone under seventeen wasn’t allowed to go because it sent your senses and emotion into to overdrive. This morning everything would be back to normal, I could look him in the eye right now and not feel anything. Well not until I shift anyway. Well I would still find them beautiful but the heat between us would be gone. Perhaps it was a good thing I left when I did, I wouldn’t have wanted anything to happen. I’m sure that would anger my father even more and my mate when I eventually find him. It wasn’t uncommon for wolves to be other other’s that weren’t their mates but I planned to save myself. I wanted him to be the only person to truly have me in every way, the way my hormones were acting up last night that could have spoilt for me. I would have woken up this morning disgusted with myself, I would be someone cheap one night stand and an underage one at that. I sure when they found out that fact they would go berserk as well. I couldn’t dwell on it right now, I had twenty two hunger kids in my bedroom and if I didn’t get them sorted soon I would have a riot on my hands.

      It felt like an eternity but I had finally got all twenty of the kids showered and dressed. It was difficult and challenging but the twins and I ran it with military precision. I bathed them and brushed their teeth, Amber dried them and brushed and dyed their hair and Amethyst dressed them. We put the telly on to keep those who were ready occupied while we finished the rest. Now we were just preparing to take them all down stairs, which was also a mission as many of them were too young to walk down the stairs by themselves. Jasper’s eldest each had one of their younger siblings, Malachite’s two elder sets of twins each had one of coral’s and pearl’s elder twins whilst Amethyst, amber and myself each had a set of the younger twins on our hips. I led them all down stairs making sure I had all the younger children closer to me, leaving the twins the rear. Eventually we got them all sat down around the table in the dinning. Well I say we, really it was just me. The twin twins soon disappeared when the smell of sausages, bacon, eggs and toast hit their noses. I too was licking my lips at the mouth watering smell but someone had to sort the kids out. Just as some of the older kids were starting to get a little restless, my mother and father burst through the doors with smiling faces. There was nothing they loved more than spending time grandchildren. They each rolled in a food trolley and started handing out plates of food and cups and bottles of juice and milk. I walked over to my mother to help her out but she slapped my hand out of the way.