the quiet one

if you just listen to a song by george harrison, and i mean really listen, there are windows to your mind and thoughts that you didn't even know were closed until the gruff yet sweet sound of his voice opened them for you. it's like he was put on the earth to create music that either makes you shiver with chills or makes you feel like you've got some sort of warm and fuzzy blanket around you. there is no in between.

every song meant something; whether it was an obvious one or one that needed to be found, there was always something bigger there. something that could give you so many answers if you just looked for it.

it's beautiful. he's beautiful. 

i aspire to have the soul of george harrison. the way of thinking he had. he believed life was a journey that needed to be lived. he didn't wallow in self-pity, sadness, or anger. the glass was always half-full for him, and god, that is such a hard thing to do. 

everything about him was magnificent. from his thick and sometimes conjoining eyebrows  to the way the side of his mouth droops when he talks or sings, he was, all in all, a wonderful man. he's my hero, inspiration, and love. 

of course, this isn't as poetic as you guys may have been expecting it to be based on the last chapter, but that's simply because i can't put into a lot of words how much george harrison means to me and what he has done for me. he's made me a better person and continues to do so every single day. i hope you all have someone like that in your life; whether it be a significant other, family member, musician, or whoever or whatever makes you a happier person. 

- syd

today's poll:

help!

or

a hard day's night?