Ch.1 Beginning of the End

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson or any of Rick Riordan's books. I really don't want to say this every chapter:D

Percy's POV

I walked up the hill adjusting my backpack. I patted Peleus

"Can you watch this for me Peleus? It has something very precious to me."

He only snorted smoke at me. I took that as a yes and tucked my backpack between his forelegs.

I continued walking down the hill. Its been four months since I had been able to come home.

Camp Half-Blood looked beautiful in the setting sun. Soon, the moon would come out and shine brightly over the Artemis cabin. I decided to take a walk by the beach and clear my head to prepare myself.

A year ago we marked the end of the 2nd Giant War, we finally had peace. No more prophecys hanging over head. Because I had used a certain wish in the Titan war, there were at least a hundred new cabins for each minor god and goddess.

As the stars came out, I layback on the soft sand to watch them. They provoked bittersweet memories of the friends I've made...and all the friends I've lost.The saddest memory is always triggered by one specific constellation... The Huntress. She was once a hunter of Artemis and she was also my friend. She died on my third quest, she was one of the first friends of mine that died and she died heroically.

I wish I could have stopped her death- all of their deaths, but I can't, and that hurts me even more because of my loyalty to my friends, my fatal flaw.

"Hey Percy, you're back already!", shouted a very familiar voice. I snapped out of my thoughts and twisted my head around to see two familiar faces. I smiled at them "Nico. Thalia. I missed you guys."

Nico stood in his classic outfit with black jeans and a black leather jacket with several chains that happened to look like they could be used as weapons as well.

Thalia looked the same as always. A green day t-shirt and her silver hunter's parka, she was also wearing her silver circlet that represented her being Lieutenant of the Hunt.

I ran up and hugged them both. "

When did you get back? Thalia asked. "About 2 minutes ago, Pinecone Face" I teased.

The only response I got was a punch to the shoulder. "Ow! What was that for?" I asked, rubbing my arm. " Just 'cause you're Kelp Head," she replied, her eyes laughing.

"So what are you doing down here? Shouldn't you be on your knee proposing to Annabeth?" Thalia scolded me.

"Shut up! I don't want anybody to hear," I hissed looking around nervously. "Sorry," she replied.

She didn't seem very sorry.

"Can we see the ring now, please?" asked Nico, jumping up and down. We just stared at him.

"Deathbreath? I thought you grew up already." teased Thalia. Nico's cheeks flushed.

"Sorry," he mumbled , suddenly finding his shoes interesting. Thalia looked at me and we both cracked up.

"But seriously, can we see it now?", Thalia asked. my hand slipped into my pocket and stroked the soft velvet. I considered taking it out and showing them but decided against it.

"Sorry guys, but it's a surprise," I wink at them.

"Fine, but you better do it at the campfire." whined Nico.

"I was planning on it Zombie Dude." I replied.

We started walking to the camp, talking to each other like it was just a regular day.