Chapter One

Hello everyone. I hope you like the first chapter. Please don't forget to vote and comment and share this story with everyone.

. . .

"... One hundred and Twenty- Seven
One Hundred and Twenty- Eight.
One hundred and Twenty.."

The soft voice spoke echoing, across the eerie silent night drifting from corner to corner, like a hushed lullaby against the wind.

The night was dark. Hiding away the angry grey clouds that were merely a sight away a few hours ago, looming high above; now sending chills down ones spine with it's presence.  The brightest of stars surrounded the sky, twinkling with might. Creating the very much needed light, in such times.

The days of autumn had blown away against the wind. As the ripping dawning of winter fast approached. Marking its dominance against the eerie cold night. Waves of chilly wind hit the large mansion. Howling in each corner. Spreading the word of change.

A low groan ripped from my mouth slowly, in annoyance but then again, it was long overdue. The black veil covering my head, slipped from my hair in the process. Allowing the cold wind to brush through it harshly. It's embrace almost barbaric. And there was, but one person responsible for my misery. Sumbal. Moving forward, I glared openly at the figure infront me, hoping my attempts at intimidation weren't as pitiful as they seemed.

" Sumbal. Please for the love of all that's beautiful. Shut your trap"

I whispered-half yelled. Hoping my voice didn't echo in the large mansion. Or worse, wake anyone up. I cringed hearing my voice echoing back and held my breath momentarily. It wasn't in the norms to be out at here, at this time of the hour. If anything I shouldn't have encouraged it. I should have told her to stay in her room, rather than venturing off at this time of the night.

Looking around the dark courtyard, my eyes landed onto the Twenty year- old. Laying down on the large cement platform, on top of the roof with no care in the world.

She gazed in awe at the sky above her, whilst her long hair brushed onto the cold ground drifting against the wind, and if I didn't know any better. I'd say she was freezing cold-- but of course, that's something she wouldn't admit. Nor voice out. Instead she endured the torture, all for what?

Star gazing.

Thats right! Hoping like in many teen movies, a shooting star would appear and her dream of having a prince charming would come true. Then again knowing her, she'd give up that option up in a heartbeat and rather not go to school or wake up early in the morning. Or better yet, study for her upcoming exams she thinks I've forgotten all about.

The perks of not having to worry about anything. Oh what a life.

Yes, Sumbal was a keen believer of her dreams. More so, the idea of not having to try, at anything. And despite how life dealt its cards, we'd all have to try no matter how much we refused otherwise. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted as my head perked upwards in curiosity at the sudden commotion.

The voices of men coming from the Mosque, outside, echoed across the midnight air. Making me tense visibly, hoping no one had heard my remarks  across the silent manor.

We shouldn't be awake at this hour.

I thought for the hundredth time.

Shifting uncomfortably, I glared daggers at Sumbal. Who portrayed a look that revealed nothing of the least worrisome. Making a frustrated groan rip from my mouth. Any other night I would have welcomed the sight of the bright stars and the cold breeze, reminding me of reality, but right now. I couldn't think straight. All I could conjure was the idea of getting my little sister away from the platform and from any prying eyes.