t w e n t y- t w o

Start from the beginning

''I hope so, because I can't lose her for a second and permanently. I will not allow it.'' I promised more to myself than to him. Ethan nodded his head and we walked inside the hospital and straight to the secretary.

I cleared my throat and the woman looked up and smiled.'' How can I help you?''

''We looking for Hayden Reyes? She was in a car accident couple hours ago.'' I told her and she nodded.

''Yeah, the young lady and the man. The girl is in the emergency section room 5C while the guy is in room 264.'' She told us and after thanking her we walked to the section of emergencies and looked every room until we were on the 5C. I also saw a familiar face and I immediately recognized her.

''Mrs. Amelia?'' I said and she looked up. I noticed that she wasn't alone but with two other people, a man and a boy.

''Oh Grayson.'' She said and got up from her sit and rushed to me and hugged me tight, she did this also to Ethan and Michaela.

''How's Hayden?''

''We're waiting. No one came to inform us.'' She answered and I saw the man standing up. He stand behind her and put a hand on her shoulder.

''She's alive, as far as we know.'' He told us, probably knowing the question that was eating me alive. I nodded.'' I'm Ryan, Amelia's husband and he is my son, Derek.'' Pointing to the boy behind him.

''Grayson.'' I said and shook his hand.'' My brother Ethan and you probably know Michaela.''

''Where's Valentino?'' Amelia asked me.

''With my parents, don't worry.'' She nodded smiling.

''I don't understand,'' She started sitting back on the sit.'' What was she doing here?''

''Amelia, you need to know some things.'' Michaela told her and stepped forward. Amelia looked at her waiting for her answers.'' Couple days before some guy came to the house and told us he was looking for Mr. Carlos.''

''Carlos? As my ex husband?'' She asked confused and Michaela nodded her head continuing.

''Yeah, it turned out to be his son.''

''WHAT?''

''Yeah, Carlos had a son and he left him with his mother. He wanted to know his father and Hayden decided to help him because she also needed answers and they went to Memphis and find him.''

''Hayden went to Memphis to find Carlos?'' Ryan asked her and she nodded once again.

''Yeah, she did along with George. Carlos son. And probably they were coming back because they left two days ago.''

''I can't believe this. I can't believe this.'' Amelia started yelling.'' I had told her million times that this man doesn't care about anyone other than himself. And he has a son? That son of bitch never told me anything. I fucking hate him.''

''Hey, calm down. You only need to focus on Hayden.'' Ryan tried to calm her.

''He's right, we need to focus on her. And only her.'' I told her nodding my head.

''I'm okay.'' Amelia said.'' We also need to find the boy, George, we need to make sure he is okay. I don't know him so please can anyone go?''

''I will,'' I assured her.'' But I want to hear for Hayden first and then I will go and find him.''

''Okay.''

After fifteen minutes, a doctor showed up and called for Hayden's family. We all walked to him.'' Are you Hayden Reyes family?'' He asked us all and we nodded.'' Okay, I'm Dr. Cage and I'm her doctor.''

''How's she?''

''Well, we managed to stable her. She has two ribs broken, whiplash and internal bleeding in the abdomen but we managed to stop it.''

''Is she going to be okay?'' I asked him and he nodded.

''Yeah of course but it will take some time.'' He answered.'' You can see her after we transfer her to her room.'' He said and he left us.

''See? She's okay.'' Ryan said to Amelia and she fell on him arms and cried in happiness.

''Thank God.'' We all said.

''I should probably go and look for George.'' I said and left them going to the room the woman told us that he was. I stopped in front of it and knocked slightly and after hearing a come in, I pushed it and stepped inside.

George was lying on the white bed and he was facing the white wall. He had a broken arm and a bandage around his head.'' Hey.''

''Hey.''

''How are you?''

''Shit but I will manage. How is Hayden?''

''She is okay.''

''Are you sure?''

''Yeah, she had an internal bleeding but they stopped it and whiplash, also couples ribs broken.'' I answered him truthfully.

''She's going to be okay right?''

''Her doctor said yes.''

''Thank God.'' I walked to stand by his bed and I scratched the back of my head awkward.

''I heard that you are her brother.''

''Yeah...''

''I'm sorry that I acted like a dick but I thought you were her boyfriend or something.''

''Yeah, I understood that.''

''I'm sorry.''

''Sorry accept. Don't worry, you will have her back, I could see you drooling over her.''

I laughed at him.'' Something tells me we're going to get along.''