v 一 returns

-seulgi headed back to the store anxious about seeing joohyun once again. as she made her way into the store the opening door rang the soft bell sound, and she walked along the patterned tiles that the store had. seulgi headed over to the area for the cashier to say hi to joohyun. when she got there, a middle-aged man that looked extremely exhausted and a bit saddened. she shyly made her way up to him.

  "excuse me, where's joohyun? the usual cashier?" seulgi asked politely to the half-asleep man. he grunted and looked at her.

  "she took the day off. probably going on a date. she seemed anxious, hah. are you going to buy something?" the man responded obviously annoyed that she was talking to him. seulgi shook her head and left the store. she felt disappointment and sorrow follow her out. she stopped at the bench that sat next to the small market. an old woman sat there reading a book. the old woman smiled at seulgi.

  "boy trouble?" the old woman asked giggling. seulgi thought of something to respond with even though she wasn't up for conversation.

 "you could call it that.." seulgi said sighing and getting her phone out from her pocket.

  "text him! you need to make how you feel known young lady!" the old woman almost shouted pointing towards the phone in seulgi's hand. seulgi smiled.

  "good idea, thank you ma'am!", seulgi reached into her pocket again for a piece of gum, "this is for your help!" the old woman smiled and took the piece of gum from seulgi.

  "thanks, this is my favorite flavor."  the old woman said winking at seulgi. the two parted ways with a wave and seulgi decided to text joohyun. a text, for all it was worth, might help seulgi get over feeling bad about not seeing joohyun today. seulgi typed out a message, going back to fix many errors. with the words "hey joohyun! i went to the store to see you but you weren't there :( where are you at?", seulgi hit send and proceeded to face-plant into the pillow next to her.

  -joohyun woke up early for work like always, this time being exhausted from her day with seulgi. as she yawned and stretched, she grabbed her phone that was laying on her bed side table. she sleepily walked to the bathroom and put her phone on the sink. as she stared into the mirror, she slid her hands on the sink. while doing this, she pushed her phone right into the toilet next to her. with a bundle of swears she grabbed her phone out of the disgusting bowel of toilet water and tried to turn it on. the phone was dead and so was joohyun's soul. she quickly got ready and took the bus to the market. she ran inside and went to the manager's office.

  "excuse me sir, i really need to take the day off. i have something really important i need to get done. you can give me extra work tomorrow, please just let me have this day off." joohyun said, she was talking so fast her words slurred together and the manager just stared at her.

  "if you're asking for a day off, yes.. but next time call in." the manager responded organizing loose papers.

  "i would of if i didn't have this to deal with this." joohyun said, pulling out her phone in a bag of rice.

  "ouch. good luck," the manager whispered, "also go tell the stocking guy that he's going to be the cashier today, but be careful. he's not the friendliest." joohyun nodded and headed out of the manager's office. she walked up to the man stocking shelves of bread and tapped his shoulder. he gave her a death stare.

  "you're on cashier duty today, i have a thing to do.." joohyun said nervously. the man sighed and pushed his bread cart at joohyun and walked towards the cash register. joohyun giggled and put the cart over to the stocking items room. she then headed out to the phone repairing store across the street. little did she know, a few sidewalks away seulgi was on her way to see her.