part i

...in which Robyn Clark arrives on Cairnholm, makes friends with her fellow peculiars and tries to prevent her visions from taking place.

...in which Enoch O'Connor is angry and grumpy and also occasionally really cute.

...in which they learn what it's like to fall in love.

playlist (sorted by artists)

Queen of Peace - Florence + The Machine

Various Storms And Saints - Florence + The Machine

Blinding - Florence + The Machine

Long & Lost - Florence + The Machine

Scotland - The Lumineers

Dream - Imagine Dragons

Warriors - Imagine Dragons

Hero of the Day - Metallica

Until We Go Down - Ruelle

Black Swan - The Struts

The Arena - Lindsey Stirling

Forever Ever (Feat. Kate Tempest) - Bastille

(I Just) Died in Your Arms - Bastille

author's note:
Enoch is a little aged up (16/17 instead of 14/15) for the sake of the story. All other characters are as they are in the books. 'part i' does not follow any book story lines, it is completely a work of my fiction, aside from characters, other than Robyn Clark, and their backstory. I try to shine a light on Victor Bruntley's past, so be prepared. The picture above is of the 1987 movie Maschenka. It's how I pictured Robyn and Enoch throughout the process of writing (mostly only Robyn though, Enoch looks different in my mind - more like Jeremy Allen White, to be exact) but you can picture them however you would like (e.g. Finlay MacMillian as Enoch, I won't judge I liked his portray of him a lot, despite being so different).

story part written:
Saturday, 12th November 2016

story part edited:
            /