The Girl From That Time (Short Story)

Começar do início

I scrambled out of bed and slung my DSLR on my neck— just a force of a habit.

After a short trip to the bathroom, I went to the little kitchen and fixed myself an instant coffee.

My gaze flew out of the window for something I don't normally see outside during typical days.

I held onto my camera and magnified whatever it was that my eyes couldn't fathom.

The screen of my camera registered a moving image of a girl wearing a Victorian maid uniform with loads of frills and ruffles. She appears to be taking her own pictures on the riverside using some cheap digicam, I suppose.

Absent-mindedly, I adjusted the magnification even more until I could see her face. That moment, I was suddenly entranced by her beauty. You could say that the time had stopped a millisecond and my senses had been trapped inside there forever.

Tssssk!

The shutter's sound warped me back in time. My hand quickly hit the shot button before my brain could command it.

I just took a stolen shot!

Without wasting a second, I went downstairs and darted out of the house to meet the Victorian maid who just mesmerized me.

Unfortunately, the place where I saw her was completely deserted. Oh great!

I went back to my house and settled inside my room. My phone was off as of this time; no messages, no calls. I'm on my artistic spirit tonight.

The mysterious Victorian maid has captivated my interest as she sauntered along the riverbank. Honestly, she's really enticing. This is my one and only shot of her.

I posted Victorian maid's stolen shot at my blog. I wasn't surprised when my pageviews skyrocketed. What surprised me were my viewers' comments. All of them knew her.

@CliveForrester mysterious is not the word! Everybody knows BlackRose. She is an epic cosplayer. Anyway, nice pic you got there. Lots of people wanted to meet her in the flesh, but the chances are low.— Shana29

Here's another from the stack of comments:

@CliveForrester hey don't try to steal BlackRose from me! I'm her future hubby y'know!—Ichigokurosaki

So several days after the posting date of that stolen shot, some male otakus started attacking me in my own blog which was supposed to be for art appreciation and discussion. They even reached my Twitter and paralyzed my newsfeed! Gaad! Was that the downside of a hot photographer taking interest to a very popular net idol?

One night, I recieved a comment from BlackRose herself. It was more of an apology.

@CliveForrester good evening. I just dropped by to apologize in behalf of my fans who showed hostility to you and your blogsite. I'm really really sorry. Anyway, thank you so much for featuring me here on your blog.—BlackRose

I almost pounded on my laptop's keyboard as I typed my reply. My heartbeat was racing like hell.

@BlackRose can I be your photographer? I have my own studio and my photography equipments are updated. RSVP—CliveForrester

I waited for a reply.. One minute, sixteen minutes, one hour, three hours... Argggh! I can't wait forever!

I deliberately searched for BlackRose's official website on Google. Several sites popped up in the search engine. I clicked on the first site because it's more likely to be the one I'm looking for.