The Girl From That Time (Short Story)

• Dedicated to Drake Sarmiento Mangalino

My second short story on Wattpad ^_^ please enjoy ^^

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The spring was my favorite season of the year— when the flowers bloomed with vibrant colors and danced in the wind. I loved the scent they wafted in the air; sweet and tingly mixed with a tang of fresh grass. It makes you crinkle your nose and then smile for some reason.

Of course, in order for me to celebrate this tranquil ambience, I lived on a house of flowers nearby the grass-laden bank of a magnificent river.

Viewed from afar, you could say that my parent's house looked more like a big butterfly sanctuary. It used to be one. The house was circular with two floors. The walls on the ground floor were made of strong transparent fiber glass. There was a huge island on the center planted with several species of flowers aside from the Bermuda grass that covered it. The high ceiling was dome-shaped; also made with transparent fiberglass so that the sun could bless the flowers with its nourishing rays during the day.

The rooms, the bathrooms, and the kitchen were all jammed circularly on the second floor. A brass railing was placed at the center hole of the corridor to prevent someone from falling off straight into the first floor.

When I inherited this place after my parents died last year from a tragic car accident, I shooed out most of the butterflies— because I found them vexing with flying around and stuff. Few butterflies would do.

I am a freelance photographer, and I have a bad habit of laying my eyes only for harmony and beauty; or anything catchy.

Don't get a bad impression though because I'm not a perfectionist. It's just the matter of having a critical eye.

—Riiiinggg!—

Oh, I have an incoming call. "Hello?" I asked after pressing my N9 into my ear.

"Clive, let's meet!" it was my girlfriend Ashley.

I massaged my temple while pondering over her request.

"I'm not sure about that—-"

"You're not even doing anything right now! I know you—" she squealed over the line.

"Look Ash—" I tried to sound as exasperated as I could. "—I need to update my blog— and I still have few slots to fill my exhibit—-" toot.. toot.. Did I just heard her dropped the call in the middle of my speech?! WOW.

Girls could be so demanding at times when they sensed your excitement over them had gone on vacation.

I could compare girls to butterflies; they may differ in size and color, but they could all fly from one flower to another after extracting enough nectar.

If the guys were the flowers, they could live with lesser nectar or probably produce more, then wait for another butterfly to visit.

That's what I'll do. Ignore the Ashley butterfly.

The displayed time on my phone says it’s 5:30pm. That's nearly dawn, and I just woke up. My friends and I partied hard last night at the bar, and I swear I'm drunk to death.