Cedric

You were walking outside with Harry when Cedric came up to you and told Harry how to hear the golden egg he got from the dragon. As you went to walk away, Cedric grabbed your wrist and pulled you back. You looked at him confused but he just smiled and put a piece of parchment into your hands. You were going to ask him what it was but he was already gone. You went up to the Gryffindor tower into your room to open the letter in private. You unfolded the parchment and read the neatly written words.

Dear Y/N,

I know the Yule ball is coming up and I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me. Owl me back with your answer.

Love, Cedric

You stood up from your bed and knelt in front of your truck. You held the letter in your hand about to place in the truck when Hermione came up and snatched it from your hand and read it. You sat quietly waiting for her to finish, when she did she looked up at you with a giant smile on her face.

"Y/N, what are you going to say? You have to say yes!" Hermione yelled. She stared at you expectantly with hopeful eyes.

"You seem more excited than me Hermione," you sighed and pushed back your bangs with a gentle sweeping motion then continued, "I honestly don't know Hermione. I mean, yes I like Cedric, a lot but I don't want to get hurt again." you looked up from your hands to see her looking at you with sad, understanding eyes.

" What are you going to say?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know," you replied "give me some time." with that she walked out with a nod. You laid down thinking about what you should do. Your ex boyfriend, Draco Malfoy, broke your heart and your trust of men. You were walking down the corridor to meet up with him for your 1 year anniversary and saw him snogging with a 5th year. When you confronted him about it he said that he was done with you and you were getting boring. Your brain was yelling at you to accept Cedric offer because he was totally different than Malfoy. With one final push you grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote Cedric back saying yes. You walked over to your owl, Artemis, gave her your letter to send to Cedric. Feeling a weight coming off your shoulders you went downstairs to see Hermione and tell her. You walked down the steps and saw her sitting with Harry and Ron, you sat on the seat next to her. She looked up from her homework and stared at you.

"So......." she asked with a small smile.

"So.... I said yes." you replied smiling. She got a big smile on her face and grabbed you into a giant hug.

'Oh my Merlin, Y/N that's amazing. I'm so happy for you." she let you go and started spitting out ideas about hair and makeup for tomorrow.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Hermione, stop pulling. It hurts" you whine as she pulls you hair into a fancy undo. You pull your hand up to your hair but she swatted it away.

"Stop Y/N. I'm almost done," she added another bobby pin. "Okay, I'm done." you looked in the mirror and couldn't believe that was you. You were wearing a gold and maroon dress and gold heels to show your house pride and Hermione had pulled your hair into a elegant bun.

"Thank you Hermione. I love it." you pulled her into a hug.

"You're welcome," she replied, smiling. She looked at the clock. "We should go down now."

"Yeah, let's go." you replied and linked arms with her. You walked downstairs to the Great Hall as you got to the stairs, you and Hermione split up. She went over to Viktor Krum, her date, you walked down the stairs to Cedric who was standing off to the side in a black and white tuxedo with his house tie.

"Very original." you laugh as you picked up his tie. He stared at you with a smile. You waved your hand in front of his face.

"Earth to Cedric" you said in a sing song voice. He broke out of it with a blush creeping onto his face.

"Sorry, you look beautiful." he replied. You felt your cheeks heat up.

"Thank you. You look handsome yourself." he smiled and took your hand.

"Shall we?" he asked, nodding towards the door of the Great Hall. You nodded and together you walked through the door, hand in hand.