Thirty Four

#DWKF

"ASTRID!" she scream.

I automatically rolled my eyes. I had a video call with well no other than Nicolette.

I saw her eating a nutella with what's that? Weird, huh. It's been a while since I had a talk with her.

I smiled. "How are you?"

She gesture her hand saying she's fine. There's something in her. Like, well.

"Where are you?" I asked. Ang ganda kasi ng background niya. Like she's in a resort, beach or what. I can clearly see the ocean obviously on her back.

A smile form on her lips. "On our island." she said.

I just nodded. Maybe because malaki at mayaman talaga ang clan ng mga Fajardo. I've met Nicolette's cousins before, right. But she even told me na wala pa sa half of their clan iyong mga nakilala ko na. Which is true. Well, nevermind.

"With?"

Kumunot ang noo ko. She moved a bit and my eyes suddenly grew wide. Wow.

She bit her lower lip as she was trying not to you know? Iyong kilig niya pinipigilan niya. I was so happy for her. Finally, after five years she's happy with him.

"Congrats." I smiled.

She pouted her lips. "Kailan uwi mo? Bisitahin mo naman ako dito."

"I was just finishing some stuff, almost done, and we were going back there." I paused for a moment. "We can see each other in Manila, Nicole. Bakit diyan pa? At ako pa talaga ang bibisita sa iyo?" pagtataray ko.

Iniba niya ang anggulo ng cam niya and I'd even clearly see...

"You... My gosh, are you pregnant?" she nodded her head while smiling.

May umbok na siya tiyan niya. I'm so, so happy for her. At last.

Natawa ako. "Finally, Nicolette." we both laughed. Who would've known? Akala ko wala na silang chance? Well, I knew it was all because of her damn effort. After all, she's not Nicolette Fajardo If she can't get what she wants. It was on her blood.

We had a long conversation. That I almost forgot the time. We bid goodbyes after. Uuwi narin ako. I just finished my work.

While I was busy with the papers I am currently fixing, I heard my secretary.

"Madame?"

"Yes?"

She went in holding a bouquet of course of flowers. Maybe Kayl sent those. Napangiti nalang ako. I told him that stop giving me the damn flowers but shrug. Siguro talagang

"Thank you." she just nodded and left the bouquet beside of my computer.

I arched one of my brows. Nagtataka.

I picked the letter. And almost drop it when I... No, wala. He can't. Paano?

I stood up. Immediately, I went home. When I got out of my car. Agad namang sumalubong sa akin si Kayl. What's with the face?

"Problem?"

"East called me." he followed me.

"Bakit?" I asked while I was opening the door.

"He said that earlier there's a man standing beside his car and he was just looking at your house. Ang tagal daw bago umalis."

I was stunned for a while. A man? Who could it be? Sino? I massage the temple of my head. Sumasakit ang ulo ko.