Chapter 2

Matt woke up with the bright sunlight shining on his face. He tried to roll away but unintentionally fell out of the bed. Standing up, he grumbled and got dressed. The new day awaits and he needed to find a way to survive in Boston. As in a job. Self defense was never a problem for him. In his home town of Pasco Washington, he learned how to take care of himself on the streets. But finding a job was tough. Especially with his sketchy background. But Matt was determined to find a job and make a living. Although he wished he ran away when he was not 18 and had more common sense. As he wandered through the streets looking for a help wanted sign, he came across a sign about a certain military branch. On it there was a picture of an eagle holding two arrows. The sign read, "We serve for not our freedom, but our families. Join the Predator core today." It then listed a number that he could contact. Matt stared at that poster, then shrugged and walked off. He was never interested in the military anyway.

*                              *                                  *

Matt never found any help wanted signs. Heading back to the hotel, he couldn't shake the feeling of how screwed he was. Going back down the same way he did before, he came across the sign again. He glanced at it and stopped dead in his tracks. He noticed that it said how much it payed. And it was a lot! Jumping with joy, he pulled out his phone and made the call. One ring... Two rings... The person on the other end picked up. "Hello."
"Hey! I'm calling about enlistment! I'm Ma-" the man on the other end interrupted him.
"Oh I know who you are Matt Thompson." Matt stopped dead in his tracks.
"H-how d-do y-you-"
"Know your name? We know everything about everyone." Matt was very creeped out now. "Now I'll tell you what. Not just anyone can join the Predators. You have to earn it."
"Earn it how?"
"If you look around you will see that you are being followed. What we need you to do... Is kill that man. Secretly. Not in public. Once you are done, dispose of his body in the river."
"WHAT!?"
"Please try not to yell! The people coming after you are not good people! Now if you do as I say then you will walk out of here alive!"
"But I can't just kill a guy!"
"You don't seem to have a problem with it in the past!" Matt went silent.
"How do you know about my past?"
"Like I said we know everything. Now if I were you... I would start running." The call ended. Matt could see someone in a black suit following him. Matt kept a steady pace and then turned the corner into a... Matt stopped. A dead end.