Chapter 1

Loneliness. That was all he could feel as he rode the train to New Jersey. No one there to help him, no one to understand. Matt watched the trees blur by as he rode through the forests of Massachusetts. "I will never see my family again." He thought to himself. Nothing could repair the damage he caused. "It's not my fault though! They held me back!" He reasoned with himself. But the more he thought, the more he realized that the damage was permanent. There was nothing he could do to fix it. A tear rolled down his cheek. "Never again." He whispered to himself in a sober tone. Before he could recognize it, the train stopped. "Boston Massachusetts! Boston Massachusetts anybody?" The conductor yelled. No one got up. "Last time! Boston Massachusetts!" Matt got a feeling like he should get off here. "Alright. Let's go-" "WAIT!" Matt yelled. He quickly grabbed his things and moved on up. The conductor gave him a wave. "Good luck Mr. Thompson!" And with that, Matt made his way down the crowded streets. Ecoboards flashed their adds about the new Apple phone, the election candidates, and every once and awhile, an old spice commercial. Matt chuckled under his breath. He made his way to a Marriott hotel and checked in. After that, he went to his room and began unpacking. As he went through he found a picture of his family. It showed him standing next to his parents and his older sister. His younger sister died in a... Incident. Holding back tears, Matt put the picture down and finished unpacking. The sun was almost down as it shone through the buildings. Matt looked out the window to see the beautiful sight. Maybe something was waiting here for him. He could feel it. Matt learned always to trust his gut. It helped him out of more then one sticky situation. He then climbed in bed, to lazy to change, and checked his phone before he drifted into a restless sleep.