Mummy?

Danny

As soon as we got the kids out the door and into the car, Aunt Syd came stumbling behind us. My Uncle ran as quickly as he could over to her, and we helped her and Mum into the back of the Rolls Royce. My mum's eyes were still shut, and she was bring incoherent. Sitting next to Mackenzie and the little ones, I watched her carefully. Mackenzies mum hadn't taken her hand away from the spot on her side since we got in the car, and her breath has gotten quick and breathy.

"Are you okay, Mummy?" Jamie asked and watched her with a worried glance.

She nodded and gasped out. "I'm fine, Lovey." Mackenzie must have heard the strain in her voice, because her head swung around to watch her as quickly as it could.

"Mum, you don't sound alr-..OH MY GOD MUM!  YOU'RE BLEEDING!!!" She shrieked and Uncle John slammed on the car breaks. When I looked back at him, he seemed upset.

"What happened, Sydney?!" He called back, switching his eyeconact quickly between the road and his wife as he started to drive again. Aunt Sydney's face had a guilty expression and she looked down.

"I'm not bleeding! I'm fine." She hissed and Mackenzie gasped.

"You're not fine, Mum! If you are, mover your hand!" She shouted and her mother glared at her.

"Come on! We're going to the hospital for Bri anyways. You have to go!" My father yelled to her and she gave up speaking. Once we arrived at the ER, Dad and I carried mum in and Uncle John stood with his wife for support.

"John.." I heard a faint gasp and then my aunt collapsed.

Can our life ever be normal?