We were both staring at each other openly now, but it was obvious we were thinking different. While I was unable to move because I knew my secret was to the person I really had no intention on telling to, Liam was probably shocked at a number of things, like how I looked like such a mess, or how a mess like me could actually be a real princess. I tried looking away from those forest green orbs, but I simply couldn’t. Not until Paul suddenly called for him, of course. William hesitated to move, but he did anyway. His long strides took him out of the apartment in no more than twenty seconds.

            Click.

            At the sound of the door, I bolted. I went into my room and lunged into the covers, trying to think that it was a dream. I had way too many stuff to handle for another problem to arise.

            I knew Liam. He loved teasing me; he found personal amusement to torment me. Though sometimes I do look up to him for being so darn capable, he was always trying to put me down. Have I ever mentioned that in anything the both of us did, he would always emerge as winner, and I’d only be the runner-up? Yeah, it sucks. And it also hurts my girly-ego.

            I shut my eyes, counting to ten, thinking that by the time I finished counting, I’d wake up from this dream.

            “And you thought I was the overdramatic one.”

            I poked my head out of the covers, giving my best friend a flat look. She knew fairly well how much I didn’t want anyone to know who I really was. Besides the fact that I hate getting all the attention, people wouldn’t be true to me. They’d all wanted to be friends with me and be popular and hope that one day I might spend a huge amount of money on them and let them live with me in a castle. Okaaaaaay, maybe I might have exaggerated a little…

            “You should know you’re acting silly.” Holly stated as she sat down by the side of my king-sized bed.  She eyed me carefully, waiting for me to say something.

            “This is Liam, Hols.” I whispered.

            “And this is your bedroom. What’s your point, Mandy?”

            I breathed, trying to calm myself. Maybe it wasn’t as big a deal like how Holly is obviously trying to imply. But then again… “See, he’ll ruin my life. I mean come on, what if he tells Jake who will tell the twins who will tell the rest of the student body?”

            “You’re overthinking again—“

            Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.

            Holly’s sentence stopped midway. We both stared at each other, knowing exactly who it was at the door. I cursed loudly and hid myself again under the covers.

            “No, no, no. I can’t face him, not yet at least! Oh God, please tell me this is just a nightmare.” I cried, shutting my eyes.

            I wasn’t overreacting, or so I believed. Honestly, I never had the intention of sharing my secret to anyone apart from Holly. Mama made me promise to keep my identity well hidden that night I left the castle. Growing up, I have had trust issues because I had to be wary of who I became friends with, and I have never really trusted anyone with my personal life.

            If I explained this to Holly, would she understand why Liam finding out my secret was a major problem?

            The knockings came again, this time harder and faster like it was a signal of emergency. I groaned internally under my covers. “Can we just ignore him till he goes away? Or should we lie?” I unveiled myself, thinking that it was a good idea to lie. “We should lie, shouldn’t we?”