Prologue

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Origin: Mars

Location: UAC Argent Tower Research Facility

Date: [CLASSIFIED]

Begin Transmission

AUDIO ONLY

"C'mon! Work! Fucking hell.."

*Static*

"Audio only huh? Well, at least it's a start. Damn this cheap-ass communications array."

"Anyway, Dr Hanzel Lankanotvitch, stationed on UAC Argent Tower Research Facility, Level Red Clearance, not that formalities make a difference now."

"Yesterday the station was compromised by a massive demonic outbreak. We get them every now and again, 'opening the Gates of Hell,' and all that, but never anything like this."

"The automated defences didn't stand a snowball's chance against those fuckers. There's at least a thousand of 'em, probably more."

"The deeper into the facility you go, the more there are. Hayden, of course, is locked up in some hidey-hole somewhere, not that he gave a rat's ass to begin with."

"As if that wasn't bad enough, the demons have been taking the corpses of those that weren't possessed and been building these...things. Like constructs made of flesh, bone, and all manner of gore."

"Even worse, that crazy bitch Olivia Pierce's pet projects have escaped containment."

"This all started around eighteen hours ago. I haven't seen another living soul in seven. Poor bastards are probably all dead by now."

"Anyway, if anyone is receiving this, don't quarantine the station. There are two options at this point: nuking the fucking hellhole to the other side of the galaxy, or sending in a cleanup crew. Neither option sounds good at this point."

*Static*

"No damn point now."

"We're all doomed...

*Static*

*Gunfire*

"Yeah, jackass, you wanna piece of me!?"

*Static*

...OH GOD!"

END TRANSMISSION