Chapter 1

Three months before

You were sitting alone in the corner of the orphanage while playing with you teddy bear when your good friend, Miu-chan, came up to you and sat beside you. "Hey (Y/n), do you want to play with me?" She sweetly asked.

Miu-chan was 5 years old and was a very good friend of yours, in fact, she was only friend you've ever had. She had long brown, wavy hair that reached down to her mid back. Bright beautiful blue eyes that could lighten up a room. Naturally rosy cheeks, a cute button nose, and long eyelashes. She was really beautiful for a 5-year-old. She'll soon get adopt by someone. She was adopted into the orphanage about two months ago when Miu-chan's parents both died from a terrible car accident that rendered both of her parents hospitalized. Later, they both died a few hours after the crash. Ever since she came to the orphanage, you loved Miu-chan as if she was your own sister.

You smiled at her and asked," Sure, Miu-chan , what do you wanna play?" She tapped her chin while trying to think of a good game.

"What about hide and seek?" She suggested. You nodded in agreement and stood up.

"Okay, I'll count and you hide." Miu-chan said. You said a quick 'okay' and ran off a different direction.

"1...2...3...4...5...." Miu counted. You ran towards Sister Nani's office, but you ran into something, actually someone. You looked up and saw a boy with black hair staring down at you. You quickly backed away from the boy and apologized. "I-I'm so s-sorry." You said, looking down at your shoes.

"It's fine, (Y/n)-san." He said with a smirk. How does he know my name? You thought.

Sister Nani came into the room with a sophisticated looking lady standing beside her. "Oh good, (Y/n), you're here. This is Mrs. Kijumo and her son, Natzumi. They are here to adopt you." She smiled.

When she said that, it was like your whole world froze. You're getting adopted? No. You didn't want to get adopted, you didn't want to leave Miu-chan. She was your only family, you needed her and she needed you. You clutched Teddy tighter in your hands.

"B-but I don't want to leave." You whispered. Sister Nani and Mrs. Kijumo were surprised by your statement, while Natzumi stared at you with a sad expression. After a long pause, Natzumi spoke.

"Aww..(Y/n)-san why not? Please will you come with us?('・ω・ ')" He pleaded and whined.

Should I go with them? Both Mrs. Kijumo and Natzumi look nice, but I don't want to leave Miu-chan.

You finally made a decision and whispered," Okay...I'll go with you." Natzumi smiled and Mrs. Kijumo sighed in relief. Sister Nani smiled,"Go pack all of your things, sweetie." You nodded and walked towards the girls' bedroom. You started to pack your things, which wasn't a lot, into a small backpack.A voice spoke from behind you.

"(Y/n)-chan, I've been looking for you for a long time. Where did you go?" Miu-chan asked. You turned around and stared at her for a while, tears welling up in your eyes.

"M-Miu-chan... I'm getting adopted." You finally whispered. Miu-chan's smile faltered.

"W-what? No! I don't want you to leave.." She whined,her eyes becoming glossy with tears. She stomped her foot and screamed, " No! No! No! You can't leave!! You can't leave me!!" Miu-chan had a really short temper and gets angry easily.

"I don't want to leave either, Miu-chan. I want to stay here but I can't." You said calmly, and wiped a tear off of Miu's cheek. You tightly wrapped your arms around her. "I'm going to miss you, Miu-chan." You grinned at her after pulling apart.

"I'm gonna miss you too, (Y/n)-san." She muttered.

You walked back towards the entrance while holding the backpack in one hand and Teddy in the other. Mrs. Kijumo was inside Sister Nani's office signing some papers and Natzumi was leaning against the door. He must've heard you walk in because he turned around and smiled.

"Hey, (Y/N) :3." Natzumi said with a huge grin. You smiled shyly and muttered a small 'hey'.

"H-Hey?"You murmured but it was more like a question. Natzumi grinned and ruffled your hair. You slightly giggled at his action. Mrs. Kijumo came out of the room holding you birth certificate.

" Come on, (Y/n)" Mrs. Kijumo smiled, and grabbed your backpack out of your hands and slung it over her shoulder.

"Okay, Mrs. Kijumo." You said while walking towards the exit. She chuckled," Just call me, 'Mother'," she paused," O-or whatever you'd like.." She said awkwardly.
'That was a bad idea, it could remind her of her actual mother.' Mrs. Kijumo thought.

"O-Okay..." You said, slightly confused at her awkwardness. You decided to just call her Mrs. Kijumo. Natzumi grabbed your hand and entwined both your fingers.

"Lets go home, (Y/N)-chan." He smiled widely and walked towards the exit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------