17|| Actually

The dream this time was really bad. Even after waking up Takumi can still remember every part of it. Somehow the details were so crisp that the memories of it were causing him to retch. His nightmares as of late absolutely love bringing out the skeletons in his closet.

In frustration he throws his pillow at the wall. Then he whispers, "Don't mess with me."

Old memories of guilt that Takumi had already moved on from are suspiciously resurfacing and he's not liking that sign. Fortunately Leo won't be coming over tonight. Maybe he shouldn't even call the other as well.

Suddenly a familiar ringtone starts playing. Was it Leo? No, Takumi saw a series of numbers that he recognized. He immediately picks it up because this call was out of schedule.

"Is something the matter?" He inquires his caller.

"I wanted to warn you." A smooth, elegant voice cracks through the speaker as static accompanies it. It's obvious the high pitched voice belonged to a woman. "There's large movement in your area so tread carefully until spring."

"Thanks," Takumi smiles. His alias as Fujin Yumi is known as a Hunter who hops around the world so it won't do if rumors say that he's staying in an area after a period of time. To help his situation a friend of his has been keeping him posted about the ongoing happenings. However this was out of the agreed schedule between them. "What else is happening?"

"... My other job is having me come to your area as well," she pause before continuing, "Sorry but after this call, I won't be able to contact you until New Years."

"I guess it must be hard for someone famous like you."

A light giggle could be heard from Takumi's phone as the caller begins speaking again, "So, what's been happening on your side?"

"Relentless attacks to my psyche." He answers and the other side of the call asks in a panic expression, "You haven't found someone to talk with?"

Takumi tightens his grip on his phone and didn't respond. She continue, "Fujin you know that you're suppose to find someone who'll keep you in check. That was the main reason why Sage entrusted you with Hawkeyes."

"Geez! I already have someone!" Takumi shouts but quickly snaps his mouth shut. He hopes no one woke up from his outburst.

"Really? You're not just lying to me right? Don't let your stubborn pride think you can hold your troubles all by yourself."

"Ease up Lady, I was about to call him until you did." Takumi pouts at her words. The idea that she was treating him like a child hurt his pride a little bit, but he stop when he hears a sigh of relief come from the phone. He knows that she's worry about him and the same goes the other way around. "Anyways, I won't be in contact with you until New Years correct?"

"That's the best estimate I can give you. So stay alive until then okay?" Her voice seems to soften despite the static that comes with it. Takumi could only infer that she's somewhere further than last time if the noise is this bad.

"Safe hunting," A common blessing between Hunters and a good bye for his friend.

"Safe hunting," she replies and before ending the call she adds on, "You better call him."

The call ends without allowing Takumi any chance to retort back to her. He let out a slow sigh of mixed feelings before pulling himself upright on his bed. Combing some of his tangles out of his hair with his fingers he stares at the screen of his phone. Then he begins to scroll through a list of names to find Leo's. If it weren't for the recent call Takumi would've ended the night by polishing his wares, but now he guess he can't run from his responsibilities.