Chapter 1

Chapter One. "New Stepbrother"

Evan-Pov.

We pulled into my driveway and both my dad and my mom's cars were parked outside of the garage. I jumped from the back of the truck and heard Trevor's door slam shut. He walked around the truck and beside me with his hands tucked in his pockets. His eyebrows were furrowed in serious deep thinking.

I had the urge to ask what he was thinking about but obviously about the other Wolves we saw  back at the concert grounds. I looked over at him and stopped in front of the front door "I wonder if he'll call a meeting"

He snapped his attention back over to me and let out a sarcastic laugh "Well obviously Evan, this is a big deal! We'll most likely need the whole clan to scare them off our land"

I let out a sigh and ran a hand through my hair. I guess my statement was even stupider than the question i had thought about asking him earlier.

I nodded and walked inside. My dad bolted out of his recliner with a big grin on his face. "I'm glad your back Evan" he looked over at Trevor who hovered behind me "Trevor" He nodded his head at him and Trevor did the same back in respect.

My mother came half jogging towards us with the same creepy smile as my dad. "Why are you guys so happy?...I'm not saying it's a bad thing but your never this damn happy" She scowled at me.

"Watch your language" I threw my hands up in surrender and heard Trevor giving a slight chuckle.

She leaned against my dad and cleared her throat "Oliver! could you come here honey?"

Oliver? Who the hell was Oliver?

Another human was approaching , i could smell the scent from the minute i jumped off Trevors truck.

A boy slowly walked out from behind my mother, he seemed slightly younger than me.

His light brown hair sat in a messy style on the top of his head and he had popping bright blue eyes, so many emotions ran wild inside them but the one that out powered them all was Fear.

He Wouldn't meet my eyes as he played with the ends of his sleeves.

I cocked an eyebrow at my parents "Okay? So who the hell is he?"

"Evan! Language"

"Starting today, he's your new brother. We adopted him this morning" My dad eyed me with intimidating eyes. But he didn't scare me

"He's not my brother" I hissed. I pushed past the new kid who skittishly made his way in the corner of the hallway.

I threw my head back in bitter laughter and pointed at this Oliver kid "This is such an insult to our family"

"Evan!" My dad's face grew bright red from  rage and i could see his pupils getting larger. His wolf was trying to come out.

"Look at him! He's a coward! Our family name is ment to be strong!"

I know i wasn't being fair to that kid but.. i hate the fact that i feel like there trying to replace my real brother, and it hurts more than i could ever imagine.

My mother stayed silent as she watched me intently. No doubt she knew the reason from my outburst. She always knows how i think, how i really feel. I may be able to fool everyone else but never my mother.

I walked up stairs and slammed my door, i felt my breathing turn heavier as i paced my room.

That stupid kid..trying to replace your brother. Remember how you bonded! They tore him away from you.