chapter one

ice

(Y/N) breathed in deeply pressing play on her music. On the count of 1...2...3... She exhaled and raised her head up, swooping her arms about her gracefully as she started her piece. She kept her head held high as she skated around the rink, telling a beautiful story with her body and her movements. Each carefully selected and performed, even in practice.

Her music reached the crescendo and swelled around her, enveloping her in harmonious sound as she closed her eyes. Feeling her movements rather than seeing them.

Her music was abruptly cut off and she almost tumbled over the slender figure in front of her,
"Are you deaf?" he scolded and (Y/N) immediately recognised him as Yurio Plisetsky, the person that was currently in a contest with her childhood best friend to... To... To win the heart of world famous skater Viktor? She didn't really know as she had elected to avoid the whole debacle.
"No. I can hear the attitude you need to drop very clearly," she replied with a grin. He scowled at her before speaking again,
"Whatever. You need to get off the ice."
"Why should I?"
"Because I have to practice for my competition and I don't wanna do it while you're flailing around on the ice like a penguin on roller skates!"
"I know you're supposed to be the Russian punk but there's no need to be an asshole," (Y/N) hissed, skating to the edge of the ice before running back to the locker room, a feet that was not so easily achieved on skates.

"Tut, tut," Viktor scolded, entering the room where the rink was immediately after (Y/N) had left, "that wasn't necessary, was it Yurio?"
"That's not my name," he said quietly.
"Avoiding the question, are we?"
"Shut up, Viktor,"
"She was a good skater, I wonder if I could convince her to..." But he was interrupted.
"The only thing you need to wonder is which flight you're taking with me back to Russia when I win!"
"Sure, sure," Viktor shrugged, "That's if you win." Yurio scowled again and moved further away, skating furiously as Viktor continued to blabber on.

a/n phew this is my second update today anyway i hope you enjoy.