I shook my head, "no not exactly." God, yes exactly.

I took my phone from my bag and texted Claude, 'Dude, I think London's pregnant, not mom. :/'

Seconds later I felt my phone vibrate, 'God, I knew it. Should we tell Dad?'

I turned my body towards the side so that Claude could see me shrug. Right now I'm confused on how to deal with this.

'Let's bring this up tomorrow at breakfast.' I texted him back. Breakfast because it is a London thing to be home two hours after dinner and what's the point of having a family talk when the supposedly 'concern' is not around?

"I would like to congratulate those students who got an A on their analysis for The Tempest," Ms. Mackenzie said in her usual dreamy, hypnotic voice. She passed our papers back to us, and I was so glad to see a big fat red A+ on my paper. I turned around and smiled at Aiden who was sitting beside the person behind me. He gave me a 'thumbs up' in return.

"So for your next assignment, to be passed next week I would like you to research about a poem," Ms. Mackenzie said, sounding thrilled despite the groans of my classmates, "do not fret young ones for you'll be doing it by pairs."

My eyes immediately flew to Emerald who was looking at me expectantly as well. We always do this, whenever there's a paired activity. The others, I noticed where hurriedly searching for their friends or favorite partners.

As Ms. Mackenzie was blabbing about choosing a romantic poem a crumpled piece of paper landed on my desk. And then another, and then I felt another one hitting my head. I turned around grudgingly to see Aiden motioning towards the paper on my desk. He then made a gesture that looked like opening the paper. I rolled my eyes at him and focused my attention back at Ms. Mackenzie.

"Hold on, don't get too excited," she said, "I would be the one choosing the pairs, because I want it to be a boy-girl pair."

I heard my classmates groan, and I saw Emerald look down in disappointment. I felt something hit my head once more and I turned my head around to face Aiden. I glared at him but he ignored my death glare and proceeded to do some hand gestures again. I held a hand at him and faced forward once again, only to see Ms. Mackenzie raising her brow at us.

"Mr. Walker, if you wanted to be paired to Ms. Cassidy all you had to do was tell me. Seriously dear boy, there's no need to throw rocks on her window pane."

What the hell Ms. Mackenzie, I hope you're just finding a romantic way to say that Aiden was throwing papers at my hair.

I groaned, "But Ms-"

"No buts Ms. Cassidy," Ms. Mackenzie replied, shaking her head, "your partner for this assignment would be Aiden Walker and that's my final decision."

"Great, just great," I muttered under my breath.

At the end of the period I walked to Aiden, crossed my arms and glared at him, "way the go idiot."

He looked at me like I was the stupid one as he grabbed his bag, "you should be thankful you got paired with me. That would mean another A+ for you."

I felt myself blush, well I owe that grade to Aiden in fairness to him. I sighed and tried to look less angry this time, "what was it that you're pestering me about?"

"I just wanted you to freakin' open the paper," he replied as he ripped another piece of paper from his notebook, scribbled something on it and handed it a bit to hatefully at me.

"See you later. I better hurry off to Calculus now," he said as he hurried off away from me.

"I can't believe my own best friend is being close with the worst person in my life ever," Emerald said fuming. She hated every single fiber of Aiden Walker's being and I can't blame her but I've tried reasoning with her that it was never Aiden's fault that her mother left her.