Chapter 1

Y/N's POV

"We all have our low moments,I included. But I've never been this low." I though to myself as I walked down a busy street in Ireland. This would be my last walk. The last time I would ever be in a group of strangers like this. My last day on earth. I approached a brick apartment building and walked inside.

"Guess I'll take the stairs today." I mumbled as I began my climb to the top. I silently wondered to myself if anybody would try to stop me,but I knew nobody cared. I was worthless and I knew it,anybody who cared about me wanted something out of me. "Well they can't get anything out of me now." I talked to myself. I had been kicked out of my apartment,which is actually in this building,for not paying rent. I had felt too depressed to go to work,or go to the store to by food,so I had money,but I just didn't pay. I just didn't care. I left my bags in front of my apartment room where they put them.

When I reached the top I stepped out onto the roof and walked over to the edge. It was dark so nobody was up there except me,the stars,and the hard cement below me. The stars...strange that I could see them tonight. It was usually always raining. I took one last look at my surroundings before standing up on the ledge.

I thought of all the reasons I should jump. My family hates me,my friends are dead,my boyfriend broke up with me. My pets are dead,I don't own anything. I'm just another person. Another depressed girl. The only difference between me and them is,I was on a ledge. One step to end my life and it was exciting. Thrilling,even. The idea that everything would soon be over made me an insane kind of happy. My parents would attend my funeral without one thing to say about me other than my being a worthless,useless joke and my ex would roll his eyes at my dead body,thinking it was a 'last cry for attention'. They wouldn't care,and that's ok. Because I didn't care anymore either.

"Woah there lassie,you should step down. It would be a shame for a pretty lady like you to get hurt." A thick deep Irish voice said behind me. I quickly turned around,still standing on the ledge. There was a man standing behind me. He was skinny but attractive. He had dark green hair and blue eyes that I could see even in the darkness. He reached forward and took my hand and,strangely,I let him. It was like a dream as he gently pulled me off the ledge and,to my surprise,wrapped me in a warm hug. I stood there in shock of the sudden embrace. He was warm and smelt kinda like pine needles.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked him quietly.
"Please never do that." He whispered,still holding me. I could hear his voice crack.
"Is he crying?" I thought to myself. I didn't even know this stranger's name. Nor did he know mine. Why did he care about me? Why didn't he let me jump? "You're too precious to die." The man sniffed,releasing me. I found that I wanted the hug back. It felt nice to be that close to somebody.

"Why didn't you let me jump?" I tried to say coldly,but tears brimmed my eyes.
"Because," he whispered,a tear rolling down his cheek,"I care. I can't let any innocent person,with so much potential just die."
Those words set me off. I began to sob and fell on the ground. The man picked me up and took me somewhere. I was crying too much to know where. The last thing I remember before falling asleep was laying in a soft bed with a massive headache.