Chapter 9

Callie's POV

"Then why did he stop writing us?" I asked

She sighed "He should be the one to tell you."

I nodded.

For the rest of the night Aubrey stayed with us. We got to know each other more and she met my family.

At around 10 Brandon, Caden and I headed back, Aubrey also came with us, she was staying with us.

After I put Caden to sleep I went downstairs and went into the kitchen. Brandon and Aubrey were having coffee. They looked up at me and Brandon handed me a cup of coffee. I smiled and grabbed it while I sat next to me.

"So?" Aubrey spoke

She finished her coffee and set it in the sink. "I think I'm gonna go to bed, I had a long day" she said

"Okay goodnight." Brandon and I both said

Once we heard her door close Brandon spoke. "How come you never told me that you had another sibling. Don't you think I should know those things."

"I'm sorry it's just that when we were put into the foster system, we immediately got separated. I never thought that I would see her again." I said

"Okay, do you have any other siblings I should know about?"

I chuckled "No."

"Okay, let's get to bed it's been a long dad."

I nodded and we went to bed.

---Saturday---

"Brandon you ready?"

"Yeah come on."

Today was the day I see my father. We were having lunch at Paco's a little diner downtown.

We dropped Caden of at Stef and Lena's then we left.

15 minutes later we arrived. we got out and I stood in front of the small building. I looked down at my hands to see them shaking. I saw hands cover mine. I looked up into Brandon's eyes.

"It's gonna be okay, okay? I'll right here the whole time."

I nodded and we went inside. A lady in her early 30s came up to us.

"Hello are you here meeting someone else?" she asked us

"John Jacob" I said

"Right there" she said as she pointed to a booth with a man in it.

"Thank you"

Brandon walked behind me as we went towards the booth. Once I approached the booth his head shot up immediately.

"Callie?" he said

"Yes"

He shot up from his seat and hugged me, I don't know why but I hugged him back.

"You have no idea how long I've waited to hug you"

He finally let go then looked at Brandon.

"Who is this?" he asked

"This is my fiancé, Brandon"

"Nice to meet you" my dad stuck out his hand and Brandon shook it.

Brandon and I sat on one side while John sat on the other.

Another lady came to the booth. "How may I take your orders?" she asked Brandon and I

"Can I have a lemonade and a cheese burger." I said. I felt extremely hungry all of a sudden. I can't be... No.

"Okay I'll have a coke and a cheese hamburger as well." Brandon said

"Okay I will be back with your drinks." she left and that left the three of us

John continued to stare at me. He looked somewhat different. He had shaved his head, he had a crooked nose that looked it was broken from to many fights, he had a scar right above his right eyebrow, and he had a lot more muscle.

"You are so grown up, the last time I saw you, you were so small" John said

"Yeah that's what happens when you don't see your daughter for about 13 years." I said with a little bit of anger in my voice.

He sighed and looked at me in the eye. "I'm just trying to catch up with my daughter."

"Why didn't you write me back?" I asked

"What?" he asked

"I wrote you everyday and then all of a sudden you just stop writing. I haven't talked to you in 11 years."

"I couldn't deal with the fact that I might not be able to get out and talk to my own daughter in person. You kept writing and asking when I'll come and see you. I couldn't lie to you anymore, I thought it would be better for you and Jude if I just didn't talk to you at all." He explained

"Do you have any idea what you put Jude and I through. Because of you we had the most shitty life." I said

The waitress came back with our food and drinks.

I mumbled a thanks and started eating. I felt so hungry. Was I... No. But I don't know if we used protection last night.

"You okay?" Brandon whispered to me

"Did you use... you know... last night?" I asked whispering hoping John wouldn't hear.

He thought about it then looked at me with sympathy. "No" I said load enough that John could here.

"Brandon we already have Caden, and we aren't even out of college yet, now another child." I said getting more angry

"Callie  I just forgot, it happened so fast I'm sorry." he said

I sighed. Great I'm probably pregnant.

"Are you guys okay? And who's Caden?" John asked

"Caden's our son" Brandon said to John

"Oh you have a son. How nice" he sounded like he disapproved

"You know what, don't act like that around Brandon. He is my fiancé and you are not my father. You are the man who killed my mother because he couldn't help but get drunk. I hate you and I always will. I don't care what Aubrey said. And stop acting like you disapprove of Brandon and my child. When you weren't the for me he was. And Caden is my pride and joy, and that is something I will never have with you." I spat at him in anger. "you know what, coming here was a bad idea. Lets go Brandon." I grabbed his hand and threw a $20 bill on the table. "Thanks for lunch John" I said as we left.

I can't have him as my father, he's betrayed me way to much to fill that spot.

----------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't updated lately I was busy.

Anyway Comment. Vote.

Also check out my short story it called "I Fell For The High School Jerk"

Love my readers

Love,

Ari <3