Chapter 7: Vulnerable

Juri then hugged him, she walked to the door, opening it as she waved at Jack.

"Bye! I love you!"

"I love you too, Juri. Be careful out there."

She smiled then nodded. After she closed the door, Jack walked over to the window, pushing the curtain slightly aside. His eyes spotted Juri jumping into Laila's car and hugging the woman. They laughed and Laila drove away. Jack sighed as he closed the curtain. 

****

"Hey Bunny! You should try this!" Jack yelled through the winds of the sky as he got on the tip of his staff, standing on the edge of the sleigh. Bunny clutched to the seats, even after all this time, he still had his fleight problems. Jack wanted to tease him, that's when he pulled out a fresh carrot from his hoodie pocket, which he planned since Juri left.

"Aww, does the bunny want the carrot?" Jack teased.

Bunny's nose began to sniff up to the carrot above him. Jack chuckled, Bunny snapped, "Would you put that away you nilly! And get down while you're at it."

"Aw come on Jack, get down, you could get hurt." Tooth warned.

"Not before he gives Bunny a heart attack." North commented.

Bunny rolled his eyes.

Jack then put the carrot in front of him again, "You want it? You gotta get it first you fuzz ball."

Bunny couldn't resist, no matter how many times he snapped. His hands and teeth kept snapped upwards, after a while, Jack got an idea. He pulled the carrot farther away from Bunny, closer to the end of the sleigh. Bunny hardly noticed.

"Jack, no." Tooth says.

Jack smirked, "Go get it!"

He then dropped the carrot out of the sleigh and Bunny threw half his body off the edge. He yelled in fear but his paws quickly grabbed the carrot. He panicked but a laughing Jack pulled him onto his seat. Bunny glared at the Winter spirit. 

North parked down the sleigh besides the pond. All of the Guardians jumped out of the sleigh as they looked around the empty space. It was quiet, sending a chill down Jack's spine. North pulled out a scroll of paper, unravelling it.

"Okay." He says to himself, looking into the scroll, "I made a map of this area from the Globe, and charted where his hideouts were at."

Jack arched an eyebrow," But North, we don't need a map." He says, "His first hideout is like right over there."

Jack pointed into the direction of trees beside him, North looked shocked. He was annoyed with himself for the time he had spent on his map since the hideouts were near in visual. Tooth patted his shoulder, "Let's just use the map if we get lost, okay North?"

"Okay..."

Jack chuckled as they walked in the direction he had pointed too.

****

"This is not possible!" North proclaimed as they stepped into the sleigh. 

The Guardians had spent hours looking, all hideouts were gone. As if they never existed with Pitch. When they found the location of his first hideout, even on point in the map, there had been nothing but land. The hole was gone, even the old broken limbs of the bed frame. Their day had been disappointing and quite tiring. They searched, but found nothing. They began to question if Pitch was even in the area. It was if his exist was actually gone along, but the only proof was Juri's nightmare and the traces of sand. 

The sleigh rode into the portal back into Burgess. They had previously visited the location Jack and Juri were in the night before. Where Jack found the hole, still nothing. Jack stepped out of the sleigh, saying his goodbyes as they transferred into another portal. Once gone, Jack flew past windows of homes, and noticed on one clock, that is was barely 9 pm. He knew Juri was still with Laila.

Jack sighed, and decided to fly around to pass the time. He flew past citizens, houses, and more, bringing strong winds behind him. He laughed when his winds blew a newspaper into a man's face walking on the sidewalk. Jack flew farther down Burgess, and found the tallest building he could find. He stood on the roof of it, inhaling in satisfaction as he looked at the calm town that night. Dim lights coming from the buildings below, small chatter amongst the people, and cars riding ever now and then. Jack began to wonder, if from this view, would he see Juri? Would he see the petite woman riding beside the blonde faerie home soon? He wondered if he would be able to see her warm smile from this v-

"Hello Jack..."

HanaFair's Note: Yes it has been a while, and i apologize (wow ive been apologizing alot lately o.o) but its true, I hope this makes up for it though, and I hope people still read my content (: I was reassured by Elsa_Anna_Frozen!! Thank you for the reassurance and I hope you read this! Hopefully I can update more often at least during the time period before I head back to school and start my practise for our production~

- Optional read: I've had so many ideas flood in for a different story, it irritates and annoys me because it gets in the way of this v.v but due to my love for Marvel films and comics and mythology, I have drafted a Loki Laufeyson from Thor. I'm not sure if any of you are interested- but its there and awaiting for confirmation by you~ (: (would any of you be interested? oh god i cant believe I created this why?)