Mary

Chandler's POV
I step into the bar and sit down next to an attractive lady with a beer in her hand.
"Can I get a beer?" I ask the bartender.
"Coming right up." He responds.
"Hey." The lady next to me says.
"Hi." I reply.
"What's your name?" She asks.
"Chandler." I respond. "Chandler Bing."
"I'm Mary, Mary Smith." She announces.
She pats me on the back.
"Everything okay?" She asks.
"No, just had a hard break up." I mumble.
"Ah, I see." She nods. "Beer down here on me." She shouts at the bartender.
"Thanks." I mutter.
"So Chandler, tell me about yourself."
"Well, I work in Statistical Analysis and Data Reconfiguration."
"Oh that sounds interesting." She notes.
"Well sadly it's not." I reply.
"Oh, well tell me more about yourself." She asks.
"Ok, I hang out with my friends everyday, I like the Knicks, I hate Thanksgiving, my parents are divorced, and I'm 31.
"Ok, I'm 28, I'm a lawyer, I like the color purple, I have a brother, and I went to NYU.
I nod and smile. Then I quickly lower my smile knowing I'm not ready to smile yet.
"So, Chandler I know you just got out of a relationship but I was wondering if I could have your number?"
My heart beat picks up. What about Monica? No. She left me. It's time to move on. I still love her but, I need to move on. Besides when do women ever hit on me?
"Yeah, why not." I agree. I give her my number and tell her I have to go. I walk out of the bar to head home. I reach apartment 20 and open the door. I see a note on the table.

Chandler-
I love you. I'm sorry but this is something I have to do. I'm going to miss you. Bye.
Love Monica

I fold up the note and put it in my dresser drawer next to the ring.
"I love you too Monica." I whisper.