━ epilogue: briar danielle

EPILOGUE

BRIAR DANIELLE

  ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪  

     LIVVY MARVELL HAD dreamt, recollected, viewed death and destruction more times than he cared to admit. If he actually had the brain to function that amount of therapy, at least.

     According to his parents, it made sense that he didn't like to talk about it more than he had to. He probably should use taxpayers' money to get counselling. But, then, that would mean years of bottled anxiety and PTSD would have to be vomited back up, and he'd rather not look at that mess.

     That was why he changed his surname to the one he made up, whilst he was over in America with his uncle. Like, that was why he hated being referred to as Livius, because it put him under the category of a Death Eaters' child. But, he never felt right changing his surname to either Lupin or Crouch, because he felt like Harleen and Roman would be looking up and muttering, that little bitch!

     He didn't know. He just felt weird changing it, taking a side. But, he liked the way that Marvell stuck, how he viewed the name. Livvy looked at letters and words and sentences and gave them personalities: Marvell was red and bold and the type of name that would be seen on the cover of Vogue, or in the window of the massive Macy's, saying, INTRODUCING THE MARVELL COLLECTION...

     Gordon-Isley was different. Grey stones and ivy snaking up, no flowers included. The brutality of the first war. The lack of flowers, the lack of hope, the lack of anarchy, the lack of thoughts of, this prat can't win, you can't actually believe that! He'll get beaten, I tell you, I tell you. And he had done. Sure, Harleen and Roman died believing that Tommy Snake-Faced was still in full swing, whereas his parents died believing that Tommy Snake-Faced was about to get everything he fucking deserved.

     He couldn't remember which type, but it was some sort of synaesthesia. His brain automatically gave inanimate stuff personalities. Names included. Like, for his little brother's name, he thought of candy floss and bright blue and Coney Island. For his big sister's name, he thought of burgundy and loud guitar riffs and antique chandeliers (and also Nirvana, but that was more of his memory remembering every fucking morning he was woken up because a certain someone was playing Something in the Way too fucking loudly.)

     But then, the name might be his way of what he associated with his siblings. Like, for Remus, it had been the brown of the clothes he used to wear (and, he'll guiltily admit, clear night skies when the full moon's obviously lurking), and for Laurel, it had been blue. Just blue. Anything that was goddamned blue. Blue books, blue skies, blue blue blue blue.