Chapter 14

It had been a month since Ragini was back at the Maheshwari mansion. Back in the badi, Sharmishta was keeping a close eye on Swara's health. Ragini frequently visited them, but Sanskar never came. Swara had composed herself a lot better now. She avoided the topic of Sanskar in front of everyone, but she always kept a tab on him through Uttara.

During this month, Uttara and Nikhil had become very close as well. They often hung out with Swara, Ragini, and Laksh. Laksh also had gotten used to Nikhil's presence and wanted to tell his maa and chachi about them. However, Nikhil asked him to wait and so did Uttara. They decided to go at a steady pace until they were fully sure about their relationship. Also, Nikhil's parents were coming to India in the near future, so he wanted to wait for them.

Swara had kept herself busy during the days with the wedding planning business and teaching singing classes. Chotu had become her companion during the nights as Ragini had left. She spent a lot of time busying her schedule so that she didn't have a chance to think about Sanskar. She wanted her family to not worry about her, but there were still times she would get away from them to sit and cry.

Sanskar on the other hand had busied himself with work. He had become a workaholic. He was barely at home and when he was, he used to be drunk in his room or passed out. He had made it a habit as he didn't want to think about Swara.

Swara and Sanskar tried very hard to move on, but they couldn't. However, they had mastered masking their emotions in front of their family members. Her family thought she was finally back to 'normal', but she was really dying inside. She longed for Sanskar's companionship. On the other hand, Sanskar was still battling himself; he wanted to move on and live with happily Swara like before, but he was scared as she was the only one that could hurt/affect him to this extent.

Days passed like this. It was finally the auspicious occasion of Karwa Chauth. The Maheshwari family had invited the Gadodia family, and Swara had convinced her parents to attend. Nikhil was also invited. Sujata had grown fond of Nikhil and had come to accept Uttara's attraction towards him; he was good to her and cared for her. Everyone had kept a fast for their respective husbands, and so did Uttara for Nikhil. Shekar and Sharmishta had advised Swara to not do so, as the doctor was against her poor eating habits already, but Swara was adamant. Sanskar had always kept a fast for Swara, but this time around no one expected him to do so, however he did secretly. He didn't want others to find out and again pressurize him to move on.

It was finally the nighttime and the Gadodia family arrived dressed up to the occasion. The mansion was set up gorgeously with flowers and lights all over, as it was organized by Swara and Ragini's staff. Swara kept glancing at the stairs to see if Sanskar would show up, but to her dismay he didn't. When it was time to open the fast, all of the couples went up to the roof. However, Swara decided to look for Sanskar. She couldn't take it anymore. She had to talk to him. She walked out of the mansion after checking all of the rooms and didn't find Sanskar there either. She walked out the gates to check if he was there because his car was at home. She saw him standing there leaning against a lamppost watching traffic go by. He looked lost. She walked over to him slowly.

Swara: "Sanskar, can we please stop this. I can't stay like this anymore." She pleaded.

Sanskar: "Swara, you told me to take my time. I am trying but its really hard for me. You know I was broken after Kavita's loss (which turned out to be a fake), and then I lost you once to Sahil, but then you left me yourself". He paused. "Please."

Swara: "I get it Sanskar, but we have to move on in our lives. I can't live without you and I know you can't live without me either. If we stay together we will get over this sooner."

Sanskar: "Stop it. Please go inside and open your fast... that is if you kept it."

Swara: "What do you think? You really think I wouldn't pray for your long life and well-being?" She asked feeling hurt.

Sanskar: "I honestly don't know what to think Swara. Please just leave me alone."

Swara moved towards him and held his hand, however he jerked her hand away and moved ahead and stood there with his eyes closed. Swara just stared at his back. She thought she would die after listening to Sanskar's resentment. He really didn't want her in his life, she thought. They had totally forgotten about their surroundings.

Meanwhile, Ragini and the others had opened their fasts, but Ragini decided to go find Swara as she wasn't present on the roof. She was looking for her and found her by the house gate. When she approached Swara, she stopped seeing that Sanskar and Swara were just quietly standing still, but then something happened that changed their lives forever.

Swara: "SANSKARRRRR!!!" She screamed as she pushed him out of the street. Ragini had witnessed this. A truck was approaching and Sanskar was standing still in the middle of the road. Swara who had seen this had pushed him out of the way, only to get hurt in the process.

Ragini: "SWAAARAAAA!" She cried helplessly. Ragini saw her sister being hit by the truck and being thrown a few feet ahead.

After Sanskar heard Ragini scream Swara's name, he realized what had happened. He got up and turned around. He didn't see her there. He then looked to where Ragini was staring and saw her lying in a pool of blood. He ran towards Swara and held her in his arms. Ragini was sitting next to him calling an ambulance and Laksh.

Sanskar: "Swara! Wake up. Swara!" He yelled frantically. Swara slowly opened her eyes. "Swara please stay with me! I was stupid. Please don't close your eyes!" He yelled with tears in his eyes.

Swara: "Finally... I... love you... San.. skar..." With that she started to breath heavily and closed her eyes.

Ragini tried to call out to Swara as well but she didn't move a bit.

Sanskar: "SWARA, SWARAAAAA!!! Please wake up. I LOVE YOU!" He cried hugging her close to him.

Their family came out and saw Swara and Sanskar. They ran to them and the ambulance came taking Swara to the hospital.

~A/N: I'm sorry if the track is moving too slowly or too fast! Please comment and let me know what you think so far! Thanks for all the support, your comments are truly appreciated! <3