Black Rose || Outtake 11

Author's Note: I selected Ali Fazal from "Fast and Furious 7" to play the role of Tony in this chapter. Isn't he something? Enjoy!

==

February 1998 Lisa Marie Presley's Birthday Party

LISA MARIE

A cheeky grin spread onto my face as soon as I turned for the restroom. Sandwiched between thresholds, Brenda and this extremely attractive man locked lips. I nudged Michael, who hid behind a surgical mask for whatever reason. His brown eyes remained fixed on the couple. I silently cabbage patched, barely fighting the urge to squeal out loud. This woman just knew.

The stud caressed her face with both hands and they kissed her gently this time. I swooned on my heeled feet while holding onto a melting heart. Michael cut his gaze toward me, but it meant absolutely nothing right now. Happy voices from out front echoed. Jazz music twinkled.

Brenda walked hand in hand with the stranger and blushed from cheek to cheek. I couldn't blame her at all. He'd been quite a sight for sore eyes if you ask me. If only Michael and I could learn his name. Still hiding underneath his fedora, Michael lowered his head, but introduced himself. The surgical mask now tucked in his back pocket.

"Michael Jackson." Michael shook hands while introducing himself. I embraced a red-faced Brenda almost seconds later. We both looked back to see the stranger and Michael chatting with folded arms. I rolled my eyes but smiled as questioned slipped off my tongue.

"What's his name?" I winked at Brenda.

"Tony Movado. And by the way, he's not related to the watch founder. Just a coincidence." she informed. "We met a party in Miami and hit it off."

My eyes narrowed curiously. "What does he do for a living?"

"Club owner with a few stocks under his belt." Brenda winked this time.

I almost rolled my neck. "All right then. How about we go back to my party and drink up? It's all on me, tonight."

"Oh no, birthday girl!" Brenda nearly squealed. "Tony and I were just about to leave when this all happened. He's kind of frisky sometimes."

"I don't blame him to be honest with you. I think you're glowing, sweetheart." I truthfully scoped her up and down. "How old are you, Brenda?"

"Older than you." she vaguely answered. I rolled my eyes, but smiled once more.

Just when Tony swooped Brenda by the arm again, Michael stepped in with folded arms. The silky material of Michael's surgical mask stuck out of his back pocket like a Crip flag. His eyes remained fixed on Tony's stature. Brenda and I could only exchange puzzled looks as soon as she inched to my side.

"Did she tell you about me?" Michael probed. My eyes narrowed again watching this all unfold. Even Brenda shrunk down to an observer. My heart raced in a strict manner with every second that passed by.

"Every detail. You let a queen go." Tony defended himself. "I know that you and Lisa are divorced now, but please don't come for my baby."

"Don't you mean my baby?" Michael placed a hand on his chest.

"Shut up, you two!" Brenda mumbled through clenched teeth. I nodded to agree and watched her pull Tony away. I could only shake my head and returned to the party with a fake smile.

__

BRENDA

Everything heated up once more as soon as we stepped into the penthouse. I found myself pinned against the wall as we kissed her feverishly. His lips soon discovered the crook of my neck and teased with the smallest pecks downward.

I nearly giggled in his embrace. Permed bangs that covered my forehead brought a shadow between us. Just when I grabbed his face for another kiss, the phone rang. I pulled away from our suddenly locked lips, breathless.

We exchanged annoyed laughter. I picked up the nearest phone and rested on our sofa. Tony draped his arm around me, kissing my cheek before I huffed into the receiver. There was only silence in the living room, but my body sparked at the feeling of this sexy and incredible man near me.

I set the phone to my phone and pouted once Tony inched away to give room. Sitting on the other cushion, he frowned right back. His piercing but loving eyes scoped me up and down. I anxiously chewed my bottom lip, trying to calm down my raging hormones.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Girl, we need to talk." Michael lowered his voice on the other line.

"Fuck you." I hissed. "I got a man."

"Club owner? Really, baby?" Michael whined. "You downgraded bigtime, mama."

I shook my head with narrowed eyes. "Rank in the business don't matter. He loves me. I love him. Leave me alone, Michael." I clicked off moments later.

Tony had removed the charms around his neck and pouted at me for a second time. A sudsy bath called our names, but I couldn't allow myself to get up immediately. My legs stretched out on the sofa and Tony rested his head on my lap.

Our position remained as I swept back his hair and circled his forehead with my finger. We both looked up at one, quietly smiling. I gently reached down for a kiss and caressed his perfect face. He could only smile back, which forced butterflies to ramp in my stomach.

While cliché, real love never felt so good.