9

It was Saturday night Dean had dropped off his friend,Castiel, at his house a few hours ago. His dad had just gotten home an while ago and passed out in his bed. Dean however couldn't sleep.

    He decided to go to his desk and flip through his dad's journal of the monsters they hunted. Dean could have sworn he had left it on the other side of the desk... and he also could've sworn that one of the pages had been dog eared. He assumed he was being paranoid and tried to forget about it, but he couldn't, something kept eating at him he had a gut feeling something was wrong, but he didn't know what.

    He still couldn't place it but he had a bad feeling about it. Sammy walked by carrying arm fulls of books "Sammy, what are you doing up?"  Dean asked surprised,"What are you doing up?" Sam countered.

    Dean rolled his eyes and huffed, annoyed at Sams rebuttal,  "Hey, did you look through dads journal or move it or something?" "Yeah, but I put it back were it was on the desk...why are you asking?" Great Sammy was getting suspicious Dean thought, "Um...I think someone moved it and I have a bad feeling about who." "Well who do you think's crazy enough to read that book and believe it?" Sam laughed a little at his joke but looked at Deans face and realized how worried his big brother was.

    "What's wrong?" Sam asked, a new look of concern masking his face, "Sammy, um... I think Cas read dads journal." Sam was now starting to worry and it showed on his voice.

    "Well what do we do?" Honestly, Dean had no idea, he was slightly hoping that his brother would think of something. "Um, I was kinda hoping your would think of something." Dean stated.

     Sam, visibly distressed, tried to take a logical out look on the situation, "Oh um... did you try calling him?" "Actually no," Dean said, "but what would I say 'hey how ya doing, by the way did you just happen to read the journal that was on my desk about supernatural creatures, and if you did could you forget you ever saw it, yeah? Thanks, that be great.'" After he said that Sam have him his signature bitchface and sighed "Yeah, what would you say?" He mumbled under his breath. "Well, there's no way in hell we can tell dad, are you sure he read it?"

    After discussing it they decided to invite Castiel over Sunday and try to find out if he had read the book, they didn't know how, they were gonna do that but they were gonna do it.

    Once Castiel got over to Deans house the next day he was his smiling self, unsure now but he still knew in his gut that Castiel had read the journal. Before he even sat down Dean just blurted out, "Cas I know you read the journal!"

    Wide eyed and panicked looking Castiel stared at Dean, stammering he said "I'm so so sorry Dean, I know you must h-hate me for it but I-I got curious and-and I-I read it, I di-didn't u-understand most o-of it, but I read it." It was terrible all of it Castiel was slipping on his words, talking 100 miles an hour with tears visible in his eyes.

    "Cas, calm down, take a breath, okay good, breathe, that's right, calm down. I'm not mad, a little upset, but not mad at you and I defiantly don't hate you." Dean tried speaking as calming as possible. Castiel took a shaky breath and looked into Deans impossibly green eyes, how could he have done this, it was a personal journal he didn't have permission to read, he betrayed his friends trust. Why didn't Dean get mad at him? He looked back into Deans eyes and calmed down for a while.

    "Okay, Cas, what did you understand about the journal?" Dean asked gently, "Oh...uh not much, the writing was scratchy and light, and there were those weird drawings in to way, what I could make out I googled when I got home." Castiel said with a guilty tone, "Okay, hey Cas, do you think I'm crazy?" Dean questioned, "Dean I thought you were crazy before I read that book." Castiel said, trying to lighten the mood. Dean chuckled, meaning he succeeded.

    "Okay Cas on a scale of 1-10 how freaked are you?" "Um... I'd say a 9 going to an 8." Castiel said, the guilt slowly fading as he grasped the fact that Dean wasn't mad, "Okay good, most people would have gone crazy or something." Castiel thought Dean was joking but he didn't know for sure so he didn't laugh.

     After sorting this out Castiel and Dean talked. Dean sorta eased Castiel into believing this, he told Castiel  everything. He didn't know why he did that but he did.