Chapter 2

I woke to a knock at the door. This was a rare thing, in which it startled me. 

"Yessir?" I slurred in the direction of the obnoxious banging. My eyes were crusty and my feet were heavy, yet I surprised myself by standing. 

"The King has requested you accompany him to his morning tea. Formal attire would be preferable," the accented voice replied. 

Still in a groggy state I managed a few words and said, "Thank you, I will be sipping out of a china cup in five." Fading foot steps and a slight sigh answered me.

I slowly walked to the wash room and changed my clothes. I kept it to my normal clothes accept showered before hand. I was only to be in the yard straight after.

~~~ 

The King's door to his main office stood before me. The sweet smell of polished wood and the clicking of boots against marble floors behind me. I was still puzzled as to why he wanted to see me. I waited in front of a buff door man who held a sword with a deep leather handle with a small, yet noticeable inscribed N. Just like the rest of this army I so deeply hated. 

One of the giant doors opened and left me looking at the one face I hate most. 

"Ah, yes,Sky do come in, please." The King said in a deep voice.

"My King." I bowed, but looked at him with hatred in my eyes. He sighed.

"Please, have a seat." He gestured toward a big plush chair.

Trust me, I was tempted, but instead i said "I would like to stand my King."

He sighed, annoyed that I said no to him. "I wanted to talk to you about a higher ranking position with our...army." He started.

"In the past year you have showed fantastic improvements with hand to hand combat skills, flying techniques, and of course, sword skills. Our scientists have improved in soldier improvements also." He explained.

"Sir, If I may, I am no longer going to rank higher. I wish to never again be a horrible killer. I will continue to fulfill your duties, only because the punishment is not of my liking." I said ti him, looked into his eyes and added,

"I will never forget what you did to me." My feet twisted and carried me out the entrance.

I denied because I will never accept any other rank higher than mine now. When you rank up higher it means you become a better killer, and that's the opposite I want to be. "Well, My researchers have discovered a new team of people trying to learn our Plans, and of course you know that we shall not let that happen. Wolvstin is now leading attacks on Iron Hold. This team shall be eliminated. we would like you to lead a team of mark 8's in a mission to capture the leader Mr. Maluk." He told me. It stopped me in my tracks. Not because it was him asking me to. It was because it involved Wolvstin.

I was immediately thinking of saying no, even though it was wolvstin, but then he mentioned that I have no choice.

"You leave tomorrow at 6:00" I hate him even more now.

Reasons why I hate him:

He stole me when I was young. He wanted me to test me so that he and his mad scientists could figure out how I got them.

He found out how to make other humans develop wings. Example, Lark. He has wings because they gave him them with out a choice.

They tested on him when he was little, like me. We were the first two people ever to have wings and survive.

They have made a whole army and still enhancing other soldiers or creating new "marks", as they call it.No one here had a choice to what they want to happen to them except for some high ranking people, or people like me.