Chapter 1

I sat on on a large gathering of rocks, watching the storm blow the waves higher and higher  against the horizon. It would be a bad one, probably would even cause damage on the land, I knew that I should probably get home where I would be safe but I was stalling. 
Finally as the wind kicked up and blew back my long silvery blonde hair I flipped my powerful tail and dove into the water, swimming deeper and deeper until the storm on the surface was entirely unnoticeable.
And even with the grey light of the storm that made it's way through the deep waters, the silver scales that ran up my tail and spine managed to cast light through the water, but I suppose it was to be expected when you were the daughter of a Moon Goddess.    
As I continued to swim I saw a flash of gold flick through the water off to my left, when I altered my course a bit I saw that it was my cousin who was swimming towards me. 
"Selene there you are, I have been swimming all over looking for you,  your Parents want to see you in the throne room right away."
I laughed and kept swimming, "And right away was what, two hours ago?"
He rolled his eyes at me as he swam along next to me, "Come on, you're going to get in trouble. And more importantly, you're going to get me in trouble"
I snorted, sending air bubbles up through the water; "Yeah, that's what I thought, always about you right Aelius?"
He twitched his golden tail and sent himself twisting around me in the water. "You know it little cousin."
I rolled my eyes and swam for home,  followed closely by Aelius. 
As we swam he nudged me with his elbow, "What were you doing?"
I shrugged "I was on the surface actually, checking out the storm that is blowing up there."
He groaned "Oh man, you're going to get us both in so much trouble. You weren't near any humans were you?"
I shook my head "No of course I wasn't, I was just sitting on some rocks near one of the big cliffs."
He rolled his eyes "That is only a small consolation Selene, you know how dangerous humans can be."
I sighed softly and swam in silence, I knew my parents thought humans were dangerous but I didn't really agree with them on that point.
Aelius nudged me again "Come on, you know they only want you to be safe. We all care about your safety"
I groaned "Oh come on, not this again. I am nearly twenty, and I can take care of myself by now"
He laughed and swam with me into my parents castle. "Selene I never said you couldn't take care of yourself, no one did." 
Another man swam up to us, his dark hair a mop of a mess. "Hey, what are you two arguing about?"
Aelius rolled his eyes, "We aren't really arguing, she is just whining at me."
I laughed a little "Hey Colby, he is full of it, I wasn't whining just making a point."
He laughed "Oh yeah, that's what you always say Selene."
We all swam together into my parents throne room and found them waiting for me. 
"Selene, there you are. We have been so worried about you!"
My Mother stood from her throne beside my  Father and rushed to me, wrapping me in her arms. "Oh my darling, you're alright"
I looked at my Father in utter confusion, then pulled away from my Mother to give her the same look. "What do you mean? Of course I'm safe, I was just out swimming."
My Mother touched my cheek "We were sent a message, saying that you were in danger."
I frowned and glanced behind me at Aelius and Colby who both shrugged their shoulders, obviously clueless as to what my parents were talking about.
"In danger? how could I possibly in danger?" 
My Father rose from his throne and came to my side, "Selene, your Mother is right, we don't know who sent us the note. And we don't know who might be threatening you, but you're going to have to go somewhere else so that you will be safe. Your Cousin and your Brother will be accompanying you, but we must stay here. Your Mother and I are far to easily tracked by our enemies."
I knew what it was that neither of them would say, why my Mother could barely make eye contact with me as she hugged me still. 
They were both thinking of my baby sister, who had been stolen away as an infant about eighteen years ago. They wouldn't risk my life, not after losing her.
And that was the only reason I didn't argue with them about having to leave, I only sighed and nodded "Alright, I assume I'm to leave right away?"
My Mother nodded "yes dear, I've already packed the necessities for you. You're to leave right away."
I nodded again and touched her hand gently "Where am I to go Mother?"
It was my Father who spoke now, "You will be going to the surface my dear, it has been arranged already. You will be safer there then you are here at least for the moment."
I bit my lip, even if I didn't agree with my parents view on humans, I had still been raised to be fearful on the surface and the humans who had done so much damage to it.
My Father rubbed my arm gently "You will be alright Selene, you wont be alone and your Mother will still be able to watch over you on the surface."
I swallowed hard and nodded "Alright..."
He hugged me quickly, then my Mother kissed my cheek "Be safe my sweet child, I love you."
I bit my lip and nodded gently then hugged the both quickly and whispered "I love you both so much, be safe..." Before turning and swimming away with Aelius and Colby following close beside me. We swam out of the castle and as far away from our home as fast as we could without a glance behind us.