Chapter 48: Brother

Start from the beginning

I walk downstairs and find Trayce on the couch watching The Office. "Why so fancy?" Trayce asks. "I have an interview with a young lady who wants to become a trainer for the Dodgers." I say. "Oh okay." Trayce says. I grab a water bottle and an apple and begin eating as I wait for Corey or Joc to wake up and come downstairs.

"So do you have work today?" Trayce asks. "Yeah, but I go to work after the game today." I say. Trayce nods and I walk over to the couch to watch The Office with him. "Good morning." I hear someone say behind me. I turn around and find both Joc and Corey. "Good morning." I say back.

"Where are you going?" Corey asks. "I have an interview." I say. "For what?" Joc asks. "Someone wants the job that Marley used to have." I say. Joc nods and I turn to Trayce. "See you later." I say. Trayce nods and I grab my belongings plus my apple that I haven't finished.

"I'll call you later." I say to Corey. Corey nod and leans towards me for a kiss. "Drive safe." He says. I nod and turn to Joc who waits for me to say something. I turn away and walk towards my car. He lied to me and I couldn't get over the big lie he told.

~*~
After the interview I wait at the field for the boys to show up for warmups. I stand besides home plate and look at the field in front me. "It's beautiful huh?" I hear the familiar voice of Joc. "Don't talk to me." I say without turning to me. "What did I do?" Joc questions.

I turn to him and cross my arms. "You lied to me. About Jensen, you stood in front of his grave and told me the story of how he died in my arms. Yet it was a lie, and I actually felt sorry for you as you stood in front of your younger brothers' grave with tears in your eyes. But now I don't, you can do the whole elevator therapy talk again, but nothing will fix the way I am feeling at this moment." I say before walking past him and into the clubhouse.

"We didn't want to tell you because we didn't want you to go through the feeling of Jensen being gone again. We wanted to find out if he was real." Joc says. "We?" I ask raising my eyebrow. "Well, Corey knew also." Joc says. I frown and sit down. "You both should of told me, I had the right to know if my brother was alive or dead." I say.

"I know that and I'm sorry." Joc says. "Just stop talking." I say shaking my head. Joc sighs and I grab my purse. "I'll see you at home." I say before leaving the clubhouse.

I dial the number Jensen gave me and we agree to meet at the local Starbucks by the house. Once I get there I order a coffee and sit down towards the back and wait for him.

I look outside and notice clouds were covering the sun which made the sky dark and scary. I sigh and take a sip of my coffee. Five minutes late. I waited for what seemed like an hour which ended up being ten minutes (I am a very impatient person). Finally Jensen had arrived and notice me quickly in the back and started walking towards me.

"Hello-"
"Let's get straight to the point Jensen. Why do you all of a sudden want to email Joc to meet with us, when you had many years before that?" I ask.

Jensen sits down and removes his coat. "I couldn't find you guys until I saw a familiar name pop up on my new channel. Joc Pederson, an outfielder who was a top prospect for some minor league team. I tried and tried to find him, until one day I found his business email. I emailed him and he never emailed back so I figured he didn't want to be bothered. I figured you guys were happy, and didn't want their dead brother to be back in their lives." Jensen says.

"That still doesn't answer the question. Why didn't you bother Justine or me?" I ask. "I was too busy finding you to worry about Justine. I tried writing to you, but some reason my mail came back to me." Jensen says. "What do you mean?" I ask. "You were in the army. I tried writing to you, but my mail just came right back." Jensen says. I raise my eyebrow confused and Jensen shrugs.

"If you want I can show you the letters tomorrow." He says. I nod in agreement and begin to wonder why I didn't receive any of his letters.

"Where did you go after you faked your death?" I ask. "I went into a foster home, I'm guessing our parents didn't want two children who were battling cancer." Jensen says. "They aren't our parents." I say. "They were never parents." I add. Jensen shrugs and I take a sip of my coffee.

"How is Justine?" Jensen asks. "She isn't close to Joc and I. She travels with Ariana Grande as her back up dancer." I say. "Why aren't you close to her?" Jensen asks. "She left us too many times that I lost count. Justine just uses us for money, alcohol, and safety." I say. Jensen frowns and I shrug, "We're fine by ourselves though." Jensen nods and I stand up. "Well I have a job to do, would you like to come?" I ask. "Really?" Jensen asks.

I shrug, "Don't make me change my mind." I say. Jensen nods quickly and I grab my coffee and we walk to my car and drive off to the stadium.

~*~
Once we get there I leave Jensen in the clubhouse with Clayton as I change into something more comfortable.

I walk out the bathroom and Clayton hands me a bag of seeds. "Thank you." I say smiling. Clayton nods and makes his way to Yasmani. I walk onto the field and join the boys who are playing catch.

Jensen follows and I introduce him to most of the players. It was awkward introducing my twin brother to everyone who thought he was dead. "Hey Jensen." Kiké says. "How do you know Jensen?" I ask. "What do you mean?" Kiké asks. "Well, how do you know him?" I ask. "Julia I've been knowing Jensen for three years. Joc introduced us." Kiké says. I raise my eyebrows and turn to Jensen who lied to me.

"So you knew Joc?" I ask. Jensen looks down at his shoes and stays quiet. "Why is everyone lying to me?" I whisper to myself. "What?" Kiké asks. "Nothing, um I'll be in the dugout." I say. Kiké nods and I walk to the dugout and sit down.

Clayton walks out of the clubhouse and stops once he notices me. "Whoa, Julia what's wrong?" Clayton asks. "Nothing." I say turning away from him. Clayton sits down besides me and raises his eyebrows. "What's wrong?" He asks. "I just found out my dead brother is actually alive and Joc knew for three years and never told me. Even Kiké knew." I say quietly. Clayton frowns and I shrug.

"Anyways, i'm gonna get going to my other job." I say standing up. Clayton pulls me into a hug and sighs, "Cheer up please, I hate seeing you like this." I smile, "No promises."

I grab my belongings and write a note for Joc to give Jensen a ride back to his car after the game. I grab a jacket from Corey's locker since it was getting cold outside and leave the clubhouse.

I was confused on everything. Joc and Corey told me they never seen the email. Kiké said he's been knowing Jensen for three years due to Joc introducing them. Jensen said Joc never replied to the email at all. I didn't know who to believe and now I don't want anything to do with Jensen.

~*~
The next day went back slow as I waited for Corey to show up with our lunch. I walk to Travis' office and he stares at his laptop typing words.

"Hey Julia." Travis says looking up from his laptop. I smile at him and sit down in the chair in front of his desk. "What's up?" He asks. "I think i'm gonna head home early today." I say. "Okay that's fine." Travis says. I nod and stand up. "I be here tomorrow morning." I say before leaving his office.

"Hey, hungry?" Corey asks. I shake my head and he frowns. "Where are you going?" Corey asks as I grab my coat and walk towards the elevator. "Home." I say. "Why?" He asks raising an eyebrow, "I'm not up for work today." I say shaking my head. "Okay how about I take you home?" Corey asks. "No, it's fine." I say shaking my head. Corey nods and we both step into the elevator.

"What's wrong?" Corey asks. "I just don't want to talk." I say sighing. Corey nods and the elevators door closes. It was an awkward silence on the ride to the first floor.

We both step off the elevator and I turn to Corey and stare at him. "I can't do this." I say crying. "Whoa what's wrong Julia?" Corey asks as I pull him into a hug. "The whole Jensen thing, it's too much to deal with." I cry.

Corey rubs my back and I hold him tight. "My brother is alive and Joc knew about it for three years." I cry. "He what!" Corey yells shocked.