vi || letters

Before 1943 | Enoch

"we're stumbling in the dark but we are far too close to the light to remain,"

Can you imagine stumbling inside your own head, hoping for a shred of light so you can see inside your own darkness? That's how I worked- That's what I came to love about myself. However, on certain days, it was so dark and miserable in my head, you could see it on my face. I think she noticed it; for, how couldn't a girl who sees emotions notice the ones that were displayed so openly on my face? Aspen could tell, I saw it in her eyes.

"Enoch?" I heard her kind, humbling voice, and I felt weak. Her voice usually was something I loved. It shined with things that mine never did. Mostly, it was the love that shined throughout her voice, but hope was there, too. That wasn't my voice, though. That was hers. "Answer me, Enoch," She expressed once more, and I breathed out. How was she so caring when I unquestionably did not earn any sort of care. I turned around so that I was facing her. She had been crying, and I felt a throb of hurt hit the very essence in me.

I couldn't speak, for my mind was in control of everything now. Neither I or she dared to speak one word towards each other. "Je serai le soleil pour votre lune," She spoke in her inherited utterance, which is French. I focused on her mouth as she stated the words. She spoke as if she was keeping in the time with a beat no one else could hear. Her words were truly an art to my ears; nevertheless, many I told that said I was just being foolish and a boy in love. Maybe I am just a youth in love, but I pleased to be. I have been gratified with the honor that Aspen was the girl who made me consider this way.

"What does it mean?" I asked her, watching her fiddle with the chain of her pendant. She remained soundless for moments, but her eyes were responding so much more, however. They were filled with care and love. Love. I wanted her to fancy me, but she froze when love came her way. She was a vivacious girl, but perhaps that was a disguise for something serious. "I will be the sun to your moon. It's a sentence my mother told me before I ran away," She responded. I fell very interestedly on why she ran away, but I remained to think upon the sentence itself.

"My father wanted to send me away because our pastor thought I was an imp. My mother resisted, saying that I was her child- her beloved daughter. My father brought up the fact that I might bother my little brother if I remained to live with them. So, I did them a kindness. I ran away, far away. That's when it all commenced, you know? I used to be able to feel things and see things when I wanted to see them, but after running away, it's like I see everything," She told me and I observed a few tears fall from her eyes to the end of her cheeks.

"You did the best you could," I tried my hardest to console her, but I knew I wouldn't help her at the end of it all. She missed her family, but her family needed her gone. "I attempted reaching them. I wrote them an enormous letter, promising to dominate whatever devils I possess. It took them months to reply, and I received the letter today. I haven't read it because I'm terrified they might reject me more so," Aspen spoke, then got a letter out of her pocket.
"You have to read it. It is your letter, Aspen," I retorted, grinning at her sweetly.
"I'll read it to you," She said as she opened the envelope, carefully. My heart thudded for her, for I began to have anxiety for her.

"Dearest Bug D'amour, (Love bug)
He didn't mean it. Your father loves you- more than he shows. Akia misses you, too. He's fallen very ill, and he repeatedly asks for you. However, each day I have to tell him you're learning to control the monster that stays in your soul. I do hope you come visit to him, for it is his dying wish. I understand you aren't as we are, but, Aspen, we need you. Your father has been so angry with himself for your leaving. He stopped attending church. He stopped working. We have been in a bit of a stir with our wealth. Our life is miserable without you. Like I said, we need you, " Aspen read, trying not cry. She couldn't believe her brother was sick, her father was stricken with guilt, and things in Belgium were getting worse.

I remained soundless, in hope that Aspen would speak once more. Yet, Aspen just stared at the message, with her lovely coffee-colored eyes widened. I would have to speak eventually, therefore I tried my very best to support her once more.

"I'll go with you," I let the words slip out of my mouth, not allowing any seed of doubt to be placed inside my mind. I noticed Aspen's lips began to tremble and her eyes began to tear up. "Please, don't cry," I begged her, as I embraced her tightly.

"Enoch, my brother is going to die," She uttered, as I felt her forehead nuzzle into my shoulder. I hadn't ever lost someone, like Aspen was soon to. My family was happy and healthy as long as I was out of their "perfect" family. Aspen, however, would be losing someone... forever.

"We have to see him," I whispered, as I rubbed her back. I heard the nearly silent sobs that came from Aspen, and I felt what appeared to be a minor heartbreak. "I can't just leave to Belgium, Enoch, and neither can you. If we leave for Belgium, I don't think I could come back," Aspen said with a hint of seriousness in her voice.

Never come back to Miss Peregrine's Home? Are we willing to take that leap?

~~

readers~

HELLO PEOPLE OF WATTPAD-

Tis I- The neglectful writer of this goshing book. And, I'd like to, firstly, say thank you to all the readers and people who vote on this book, because you people literally give me so much hope...So, like, keep that up. Then, yes, I'm trying to put different point of views in here, and I'm very sorry if you don't like that. (Just comment down below, and I'll most likely stop.) Third, I thought I posted this last week (alongside with like two other updates); however, my wattpad was like, "sike, loser. ur readers gonna h8 ya. :~)" However, I'm going to try and make sure my wattpad doesn't make me neglectful anymore. Then, finally, (I HAVE A LOT TO SAY) there will be a lot of changing to the original plot that will make dedicated fans probably cringe and hate me, but you know, just comment and I'll most likely fix it, too. However, my plan is to have a lot of Enoch and Aspen lonesome coming, which may or may not include sex. I don't really know yet. However, if there is any sexual content I will be sure to give a warning to it... Don't worry.

~neglectful writer