"I won't let her ruin my life again. It will work." I feel my anger bubbling inside of me, and I try not to let it show.

"(Y/N), clam down. I think you should rest, you seem pretty tired. Besides, I should leave soon, it's going to be dark." He stands up, and looks around the room, probably to find his stuff.

But, instead of letting him go, I pull him back down next to me, and hug him, burying my face into his shirt.

"No, please don't leave." I whisper. I feel warm tears soaking into his shirt, which are obviously from me. I don't know why I'm so emotional. Yes I do. Because I love him. I've loved him even before I met him. I fell in love with his personality, without even knowing who he was or what he looked like.

"(Y/N), come on. You know I can't stay." He says softly, resting his hand on my head.

"No!" I shout, hugging him tighter.

"Come on, let go. I promise I wont let your family hurt you, no matter what. But now, I have to go. I'll come back tomorrow morning okay?" He pulls me away from him, and sits me up straight.

"But... But... What about..." I try to speak, but my words get lost in a mix of tears and my own inability to work correctly.

"(Y/N), go lay down." His voice is firm now, but I still don't listen.

"Fine. I'm going to carry you." He picks me up, but I don't struggle to get away. I just let my head fall back, and my hair falls down, making my head feel heavier.

"I don't want to." I whimper, trying to force myself to stop crying. But, of course, it does nothing.

"It's not a choice." He says. He's normally sassy and happy and annoying and loveable, but now he's just upset. I must seem like a baby.

"I'm sorry... But my life is going to repeat itself and I don't want my sister to take you away from me." I can't help it. I've hidden myself from everyone forever, I've ignored my terrible past for years. But now, my family is back and I can't stop myself from feeling terrible.

"She won't. I love yo- I love being your friend too much to leave you." He whispers.

I curl up in my (F/C) blanket, and try to calm down. I don't know why I'm acting like this, I've usually been pretty good about keeping myself under control. And when I couldn't, usually Nepeta was there to give me food and hugs until I'm better.

I hear the door shut quietly, telling me Sollux left. God, I'm so hopelessly in love with him, it's terrible.

"Good night, Sollux." I whisper, before falling asleep.

            ~Four days later~

"So, is that all we need?" I was in the store with Nepeta, who had promised to help me with my family tomorrow.

"Yeah, I guess." I sigh, and look around the store to see if there's anything else I find interesting.

There's people everywhere, making the large store seem less like a happy, decorated building and more like a trap for tired parents dragging their kids through the store and trying to keep them away from all the special Christmas themed candy.

"Okay! Then let's get out of here, there's a little kid crying over there, and it's giving me a headache." She sounds happy, but she's gripping her hat and frowning.

We wait in line for about ten minutes, thanks to a bunch of other people buying last minute gifts. Once we're finally out of the store, we take our two full bags and wait for the bus to come.

Outside, the Christmas spirit isn't very strong. All of the stores are advertising their special Christmas themed shit, and the closest thing to snow we have is piles of muddy slush and ice lining the streets.

"I hate the cold. Why can't our houses be closer to the stores?" Nepeta complains, pulling her hat down farther on her head.

"What, you don't enjoy the freezing water and mud mixed with screaming kids and angry parents? Nothing says Christmas like mud and screaming!" I say, pointing at the familiar dirty ground.

"Why am I still your friend?" She sighs, and rubs her nose, which is turning pink from the cold.

"Because we wouldn't survive without each other? Also because you know too much about me so I cant let you leave." I grin at her.

"Oh look, the bus!" She happily points behind me, and I let out a sigh of relief. I tease Nepeta for hating the cold, but I don't like it either because I actually can't feel my toes right now.

The bus doors open, and a wave of slightly warm air blows in my face. I quickly go into the bus, and take a seat near the front. Nepeta slides in next to me, forcing me to sit against the cold metal on the side of the bus.

Oh well, at least I get a nice view of the lovely dirt and ice.

"(Y/N) look!" Nepeta presses a finger against the glass of the window, pushing me further against the cold metal.

"What? Oh, yeah, I see it!" The bus has stopped to let a few more people on, and I can see Karkat walking. There's a girl with red hair and a walking stick next to him, holding his hand.

"Who's next to him? I don't recognize her." Nepeta says, obviously talking about the red haired girl. There's a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"Oh no, I forgot about your crush on him. I'm sure they're just frien-" I stop talking quickly, after seeing what Karkat and his "friend" are doing now.

"Oh, nevermind." I mutter. The red haired girl is kissing Karkat, who's face is red.

"It's okay. I don't think Karkat really liked me anyways." She's sad, but tries to hide it.

"Well, the bus is moving again. It's okay, there's plenty of other people." I smile at her, but she's still sad.

"I guess you're right. But come on, we have to get your house ready for your stupid family!" Her eyes sparkle as she says it, she's obviously going to enjoy tomorrow.

"Yeah!" I cheer, returning her enthusiasm.

As soon as we're off the bus, we go as fast as we can to my house, but what we find when we come inside it not what we expected at all.

(Sorry I haven't updated much, I've had a lot of stuff to do. Also I'm not so sure I like where this story is going?? But my friend says it's good so I'll try to update more)