Impossible ~Chapter 1~

Start from the beginning

Yep. I have never had a boyfriend and I'm in the 12th grade. None of the guys have ever appealed to me I guess. Everybody thought I was stupid to turn down the hottest guys who every girl dreamed of dating. Every girl but me. Maybe I was an alien or something.

"Poor Dylan was dazed. When you walked away, he didn't know what to do. He stood there with his mouth hanging open, catching flies." Matt said, breaking my thoughts. I just shrugged, taking another bite of my sandwich before putting it away.

"That's what heart breakers do." Kelly said. She put and hand over her heart and put on a sad face. I scoffed.

"Yeah. Mm-hm." I said. I took a swig from my water bottle and set it down. They always made fun of me not saying yes to anyone.

"Why haven't you asked out Emma?" Mikayla just randomly blurted out. Did she really have to ask that?

Matt just looked at me and gave me a knowing smile.

"Talking about me to your little friends, eh?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, like the time when you peed yourself when I told you that the boogie monster was in your closet and when you opened it, I jumped out and scared you. Your face was priceless!" I said, reminding myself of the incident. The girls were trying not to laugh, but failed and busted out laughing. Matt groaned and banged his head on the table, which knocked off my water bottle that I didn't put the cap on. Water spilled all over my jeans and purple shirt. I shrieked in the process, for the water was freezing.

"Matt!" I screamed. He threw his head up and took in my image. He threw his head back laughing while the girls covered their mouths holding back their laughs. I was so angry and wet; I planned out my revenge on Matt. I took his bottle of tea and poured it all over his head. I smirked at his face while the tea stained his white t-shirt. I started to laugh at him and he glared at me. Luckily, a teacher saw the mess and rushed over to us before he could do anything back.

"You two have detention! Now clean up the mess and yourselves!" She shouted. Her pudgy cheeks turned red and she stormed away. Everyone turned to look at us and all the guys started whistling, telling me to 'shake that'. My cheeks flushed red in embarrassment as I quickly cleaned up my mess and rushed out the lunchroom to get to my locker. Matt soon caught up to me.

"That was fun." He said chuckling.

"You’re just lucky that I have an extra tank top from cheer leading." I replied coldly. I was so mad and embarrassed, who wouldn't be?! But he didn't have a care in the world.

"Yeah. ‘Lucky me.’" He said. I stopped at my locker and Matt walked off to his. I dug through my mess to find - guess what - nothing. I searched again and again but I couldn't find anything. I groaned in response and looked down at my top. It clung to my skin and you could see the outline of my bra. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and I quickly turned and punched whoever it was in the jaw. I heard a 'ow' and I saw that familiar black hair.

"God Lee! Don't scare me!" I said with a hand over my accelerating heart.

"I think you broke my face." He groaned as he faced to turn me with his hand placed over his chin. He started moving his jaw around until I heard a sickening 'pop' and then he sighed in relief.

"Sorry. Don't scare me then." I said. I faced back to my locker and started searching again. I let out a frustrated sigh when, again, I didn't find anything.

 "What are you looking for?" Lee asked. He leaned against the locker next to mine.

"A shirt. What are you doing out here?" I returned, still looking in my locker.

"I went to ask a teacher for extra credit, but I think I just found some." He tried to say in a sexy voice. It didn't work. I let out a sigh.

Great.

Note the sarcasm.

"I'll show you extra credit." I muttered stupidly. He let out a short chuckle.

"You're too cute." He told me smiling. I rolled my eyes at him and turned my head to face him.

"How many times is this?" I asked him, irritated. I was referring to how many times he asked me out.

"Why? You keeping count?" He asked/told me with a smirk planted on his face.

"How can't I? An ugly face like yours doesn't come often." I retorted. He was still smirking and I returned the look.

"I know how you work. You just don't want to admit to yourself that you are in love with me." He told me. His voice was dripping with arrogance. I felt like slapping him and sticking the birdie at him. How the hell could he even say that? Does he even know how girls work?! Instead of doing that, I decided to ignore his comment.

Then I saw - thank the heavens above - Matt coming over in a fresh, grey shirt. Lee saw me staring at something over his shoulder and turned to see what it was.

 "Hey Lee. What's up?" Matt asked once he reached us. He clamped his hand on Lee's back. Matt knew all the guys in this school and hung out with most of them. Lee was on Matt's soccer team, as well as his football team.

"Nothin'." Then Lee gave me a big smile. I wanted to punch it off his face.

"Seems like nothing." Matt said slowly, staring at Lee, then me, and Lee again. Lee and I were having a stare-down.

"Well guess what? I can't go out with you because I'm dating Matt." I told him, rubbing it in his face to get him jealous. His jaw dropped so low it could have touched the floor. I simply smiled brightly at him. At least now he will stop asking me out. Maybe everyone will.

"Huh?" Matt and Lee said in unison. I rolled my eyes at them. Boys.

"Yep. Sorry. Better luck next time." I told him in a sweet voice. I went over to Matt and wrapped my arms around his waist.

Please play along, I pleaded into my mind.

Lee stared at Matt. I looked up at Matt's face, which was covered with confusion and... something else. I couldn't tell what that look was. Lee walked off to the lunchroom and when I saw the door shut closed, I tore away from Matt and returned to my locker.

"What was that?" Matt asked after a few minutes passed. I finally found a yellow shirt that I wear to gym. It was under some of my books and I felt stupid that I didn't find it earlier. I shut my locker and turned to face him.

"Nothing. It was just so he would quit asking me out. Maybe he'll tell everyone I have a boyfriend and everyone will quit asking me out." I told him. He stared at me incredulously.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta go and change my shirt." I told him and walked off. I took one look at him before I walked out the door that led to the girl’s bathroom and he slowly turned and walked off to the lunchroom.

I scoffed at his confusion. He knows I don't like him in that way. Right? I got in the girls bathroom and changed my shirt.

Right?